Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

barryo said:
I haven't read through all of this thread but I wanted to share my opinion so apologies if duplicated with others views.

The cover up included: Police, government,media,ambulance service and also what has been termed "the establishment".

The question therefore has to be.....who or what has the capability to organise such a huge scale cover up incorporating all of these organisations so quickly and seemingly undetected.

It would have to be far reaching, powerful and very secretive.
Jews or Freemasons. Probably both. Well spotted mate.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Cheesy said:
Truly shocking & all the authorities involved should hold their heads in shame.

I tell you who else should though too... the wankers involved in football violence in the 70's & 80's. If it weren't for these fuckers football fans would never have been caged in like animals.

Well said..We have a 90 plus page thread on here about citys firm.

Yup, and still some seem to hero-worship the scum.

carlosthejackal said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Looking at the Hillsborough evidence there were two previous Semi Finals in 1981 and 1988 that had raised similar causes for concern.
In 1981, City were paired with Ipswich at Villa Park. If we had been drawn against Wolves the chances are that we would have been allocated the Leppings Lane rather than Tottenham.
In 1988 Liverpool defeated City at Maine Road in a one-sided Quarter Final. Again, a favourable result would have seen us in the Leppings Lane against Forest.
One thing that can never be measured by the evidence is the shift in attitude towards football fans in general and Liverpool in particular.
On the day of the tragedy, City had lost 4-0 at Blackburn. I was standing by my car waiting for a couple of mates and it was a Blackburn fan that broke the news.
His actual words were: “Liverpool fans have been up to their old tricks again. The game’s been abandoned because somebody’s been murdered”
Those words are offensive in 2012, but in 1989 outside Ewood Park they made a lot of sense. Heysel was still fresh in the memory and Anfield was nothing like the tourist attraction that it appeared the other week.
Finally when City played United in the 2010 First Leg Semi Final how many rags turned up without tickets?
Good luck to everyone at Liverpool, in their fight for justice, but let’s not kid ourselves that football fans are perfect.
Some good points made and the final sentence is very very true.
The way the police and authorities have behaved is a disgrace, but as a supporter who has been attending games since 1968, i will hold my hand up and my share of responsibility for the events of that day.
I have watched City home and away, in europe home and away, in the first, second and third divisions.
I have been in the wrong section of the ground at many away games, i have turned up for games without tickets, i have turned up for games having had more than my fair share of drink, i have turned up at the last minute to get into the game.
I have never been arrested or looked to cause trouble, but there have been numerous games when the behaviour of City fans has been poor.
Our regular trips to Boundary park, Burnden park, Ewood Park, Grimsby, Blackpool, Coventry, Brighton, Forest, Wednesday,Leeds, Everton , the list is endless.
On the day of Hillsborough we played at Blackburn, as usual we stayed till the last minute in the pub, out of eight only five had tickets, the other three used the last minute rush to get in without tickets.
Even now it still goes on, the F A Cup final and last seasons home league derby are two occasions where i witnessed ticketless fans attempting to gain entry.
This goes on at all clubs and the bigger the support the more it happens.
This in no way excuses the cover up, but before football supporters start to paint themselves as angels, they should take a step back and cast their minds back to the football culture of the late seventies and eighties. It was cool to be one of the lads.
There was a reason why fences put up at grounds, a good example was Luton v Chelsea 1985.
Even after hillborough and the fences came down, we managed to have a full scale pitch invasion and riot against Spurs.
Unfortunatley 96 innocent people paid the price and their families have had 23 years of torment and still face a lifetime of sorrow.

There was a reason why fences put up at grounds, a good example was Luton v Chelsea 1985.
================
Millwall? But share your sentiments

levets said:
carlosthejackal said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
Looking at the Hillsborough evidence there were two previous Semi Finals in 1981 and 1988 that had raised similar causes for concern.
In 1981, City were paired with Ipswich at Villa Park. If we had been drawn against Wolves the chances are that we would have been allocated the Leppings Lane rather than Tottenham.
In 1988 Liverpool defeated City at Maine Road in a one-sided Quarter Final. Again, a favourable result would have seen us in the Leppings Lane against Forest.
One thing that can never be measured by the evidence is the shift in attitude towards football fans in general and Liverpool in particular.
On the day of the tragedy, City had lost 4-0 at Blackburn. I was standing by my car waiting for a couple of mates and it was a Blackburn fan that broke the news.
His actual words were: “Liverpool fans have been up to their old tricks again. The game’s been abandoned because somebody’s been murdered”
Those words are offensive in 2012, but in 1989 outside Ewood Park they made a lot of sense. Heysel was still fresh in the memory and Anfield was nothing like the tourist attraction that it appeared the other week.
Finally when City played United in the 2010 First Leg Semi Final how many rags turned up without tickets?
Good luck to everyone at Liverpool, in their fight for justice, but let’s not kid ourselves that football fans are perfect.
Some good points made and the final sentence is very very true.
The way the police and authorities have behaved is a disgrace, but as a supporter who has been attending games since 1968, i will hold my hand up and my share of responsibility for the events of that day.
I have watched City home and away, in europe home and away, in the first, second and third divisions.
I have been in the wrong section of the ground at many away games, i have turned up for games without tickets, i have turned up for games having had more than my fair share of drink, i have turned up at the last minute to get into the game.
I have never been arrested or looked to cause trouble, but there have been numerous games when the behaviour of City fans has been poor.
Our regular trips to Boundary park, Burnden park, Ewood Park, Grimsby, Blackpool, Coventry, Brighton, Forest, Wednesday,Leeds, Everton , the list is endless.
On the day of Hillsborough we played at Blackburn, as usual we stayed till the last minute in the pub, out of eight only five had tickets, the other three used the last minute rush to get in without tickets.
Even now it still goes on, the F A Cup final and last seasons home league derby are two occasions where i witnessed ticketless fans attempting to gain entry.
This goes on at all clubs and the bigger the support the more it happens.
This in no way excuses the cover up, but before football supporters start to paint themselves as angels, they should take a step back and cast their minds back to the football culture of the late seventies and eighties. It was cool to be one of the lads.
Even after hillborough and the fences came down, we managed to have a full scale pitch invasion and riot against Spurs.
Unfortunatley 96 innocent people paid the price and their families have had 23 years of torment and still face a lifetime of sorrow.

================
Millwall? But share your sentiments
Yes it was Millwall.

Listen to this call from TS earlier:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120913/listen-back-joannas-call-drive-time-about-hillsborough-180842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... ugh-180842</a>

Will you sing on Saturday?

I'm finding the current conveyor belt of apologists a bit sickening.

But nothing can detract from the incredible dignity in which the victims' families have carried themselves over all those years.

Accountability and justice next. That's the least they deserve.

salfordblues said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120913/listen-back-joannas-call-drive-time-about-hillsborough-180842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... ugh-180842</a>

Go on girl

salfordblues said:

Too little too late. We should have done more over the last 23 years.

Prestwich_Blue said:
barryo said:
I haven't read through all of this thread but I wanted to share my opinion so apologies if duplicated with others views.

The cover up included: Police, government,media,ambulance service and also what has been termed "the establishment".

The question therefore has to be.....who or what has the capability to organise such a huge scale cover up incorporating all of these organisations so quickly and seemingly undetected.

It would have to be far reaching, powerful and very secretive.
Jews or Freemasons. Probably both. Well spotted mate.

I think it was easier than you might believe for the police to orchestrate the cover up, even without the involvement of "Jews and Freemansons" (I assume you are joking with this reference). The Government of the day was not interested in finding out the real truth. It was comfortable with the idea that the fans were to blame as it suited its own agenda following the Heysel disaster.

Similar cover ups have occurred on similar scales in recent years. They have been exposed more quickly because better systems are in place to ensure that the Government and the police are held accountable.

GSW Blue said:
salfordblues said:

Too little too late. We should have done more over the last 23 years.

I am a Red and only joined this forum to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your comments. For this I am very thankful. You have showed us all what a true bunch of gentlemen you all are.

As to the above quote. I truly believe it would not be too little too late if you sang. It would let the powers that be know that you do care and you do believe that the 96 do deserve justice. We need to let the government know that its not only the families and the liverpool fans who are disgusted over this.

I am sorry if I have annoyed anyone by joining to say this but I had to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Good luck in the prem this year.
Sam

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.