Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

samd said:
GSW Blue said:
salfordblues said:
Listen to this call from TS earlier:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivetime/120913/listen-back-joannas-call-drive-time-about-hillsborough-180842" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/drivet ... ugh-180842</a>

Will you sing on Saturday?

Too little too late. We should have done more over the last 23 years.

I am a Red and only joined this forum to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all of your comments. For this I am very thankful. You have showed us all what a true bunch of gentlemen you all are.

As to the above quote. I truly believe it would not be too little too late if you sang. It would let the powers that be know that you do care and you do believe that the 96 do deserve justice. We need to let the government know that its not only the families and the liverpool fans who are disgusted over this.

I am sorry if I have annoyed anyone by joining to say this but I had to thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Good luck in the prem this year.
Sam
Thanks for your kind words. At the end of the day, we're all football fans mate.

Although I reckon you'll be needing the good luck this season more than us :-)

lol Don't I know it. I was made up when you won last year but after reading these comments I will be willing you on now. That is until we get our act together then it will be business as usual lmao

johnny on the spot said:
This is enormous. South Yorkshire police are bastards.

One of those bastards hit me coming out of Bramall Lane in 1984. There was no fan trouble (after a dull 0-0 draw) - just City fans coming out down Bramall Lane itself and the Police were pushing people at the edges of the crowd as it made its way down the road. One copper pushed me, knocking me off balance. I tried to regain my balance (or I might have fallen) and in attempt to get away from the pushing putting my hand on the shoulders of two Blues, then I felt my collar being pulled back towards the copper who punched me on the corner of the jaw. At first I thought it was broken - couldn't speak without being in a lot of pain for an hour. Luckily it wasn't. I've never trusted them at Football after that, and I speak as someone who plays footy with and drinks with a SY Police Officer who is a decent lad.

McManaman Fowler Bellamy said:
Liverpool fan here. Joined this site to express thanks to some of the heartfelt comments that have been posted in here. Its nice to see.

Whats also great to see is fans of other clubs who have admitted to believing that it was the LFC fans own fault and have now acknowledged that they were misinformed and wrong.

Again, Thank you.

No need to thank us. We are all in this together my friend. We know the Liverpool fans were innocent. Anyone back then knew how brutal the Police were. They weren't great in other forces. West Midlands Police were notorious. I can recount bad experiences of Merseyside Police on he way to and from Everton matches, and I am sure Liverpool and Everton fans could say the same about Greater Manchester Police. Policing back then was appalling, brutal and gave us no respect.

samd said:
lol Don't I know it. I was made up when you won last year but after reading these comments I will be willing you on now. That is until we get our act together then it will be business as usual lmao

Nice sentiments Sam. You're a credit to yourself and your club. One day someone will get it right at your club. You'l doubtless be hoping it won't be as long as it took Cityto get it right. cheers.

I will like to thank every city fan for their support shown towards the cause and liverpool as a whole , atleast now majority know why we never moved on , why we have demanded justice for so long , there remain a few who still don't get it , but the important thing is majorty are aware what JFT96 is all about

However this is only the start , this is not justice , this is truth , we will now fight for justice as it's the least we can do

44% said:
I will like to thank every city fan for their support shown towards the cause and liverpool as a whole , atleast now majority know why we never moved on , why we have demanded justice for so long , there remain a few who still don't get it , but the important thing is majorty are aware what JFT96 is all about

However this is only the start , this is not justice , this is truth , we will now fight for justice as it's the least we can do

It's never been right that Lord Justice Taylor's report said that the doctoring of statements being effectively insignificant. How could that be? It should never have taken 23 years for confirmation of what many of us expected was the case.

For too long the authorities lied about the fans. Too long.

I have nothing but total admiration for the persistence and tenacity of the victims' families and support groups. They deserve the truth and they deserve justice here.

Thankfully the truth is now out. There must be justice and there must be prosecutions.

Very best of luck with getting justice.

I heared a clip on the radio news about an hour ago. The article was about an apologgy from Norman Bettison though I cannot be certain.

However I dont think I've ever heared such a collection of meaningless words, to me the fool (whoever he was) was pouring petrol on the flames. The apology was worded something like

"I am sorry I did not mean for my remarks to offend, of course I was wrong, the Liverpool supporters were in no way to blame and the Police were totally at fault"

Just seemed to be almost taking the piss, a bit blase if you will.

Maybe it was the way it was read but somehow it seemed so hoolow and indifferent.

BigJoe#1 said:
I heared a clip on the radio news about an hour ago. The article was about an apologgy from Norman Bettison though I cannot be certain.

However I dont think I've ever heared such a collection of meaningless words, to me the fool (whoever he was) was pouring petrol on the flames. The apology was worded something like

"I am sorry I did not mean for my remarks to offend, of course I was wrong, the Liverpool supporters were in no way to blame and the Police were totally at fault"

Maybe it was the way it was read but somehow it seemed so hoolow and indifferent.
It was Bettison. He's finished and he knows it. Hopefully going to prison as well.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:

It was Bettison. He's finished and he knows it. Hopefully going to prison as well.

Cheers, did you read the words the same way as I did? Meaningless and hollow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.