Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

I hope the BBC never invite McKenzie on Question Time again - or anything for that matter - but at least the audience would give him stick.

YNWA currently no. 1 in itunes chart , remember all proceedings got to hillsborough charities

Thanks if you bought it and do it if you haven't

levets said:
M18CTID said:
Blue Punter said:
Any references to what happened in Brussells should be in a separate thread.

This thread is about Hillsborough and how innocent people who lost their nearest and dearest overcome the "Establishment" against the odds to prove their innocence.

To be fair, I never bought into the media lies, but plenty did. Then again, I'm not numb as a piss stone.

Out of order with that last sentence. Such was the scale of the cover-up involving organisations that we're supposed to trust that plenty of intelligent people were duped into thinking that Liverpool fans were at least partially to blame. Granted that after these latest revelations anyone still believing that to be the case could well be accused as being "numb as piss stone" but to use that saying to paraphrase everyone that was of that opinion at any point over the past 23 years is totally wrong.

I think he meant to say that any of us who travelled away in the 70's & 80's would have been sceptical of the 'official' version... those who didn't would have fell for it.

Perhaps using "Numb as a piss stone" was a bit out of order.
However there was already an overwhelming body of evidence to suggest that the police were to blame for the disaster. As Levets pointed out, our own personal experiences of mistreatment should have set the alarm bells ringing.

Who exactly are these people we're supposed to trust? David Duckinfield, Bernard Ingram & Kelvin Mackenzie? I wouldn't trust all three of them with a dead snake.

As for these high ranking police officers who talk about the forces transparency and openness in the current climate, how do they reconcile that with the Ian Tomlinson incident?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18900484</a>

Manchester united fans singing ''always the victim'' , sad , but expected , scums

Please don't take this the wrong way the report speaks for its self and is very damming.
But regarding the media and especially Talk Sport I feel that there has been no balanced points of view put forward and get the feeling that any deviation from their views are not given air time and not tolerated. Although my views are at least 75% of the "Party line" they are not 100%

pb1951 said:
Please don't take this the wrong way the report speaks for its self and is very damming.
But regarding the media and especially Talk Sport I feel that there has been no balanced points of view put forward and get the feeling that any deviation from their views are not given air time and not tolerated. Although my views are at least 75% of the "Party line" they are not 100%
Feel free to provide that balance.

Gerry Fitt was an MP from Belfast who some years ago introduced a new word into our vocabulary, in relation to the Northern Ireland Troubles. That word was "whataboutery". He coined this new term to express his extreme frustration at the fact that, after the latest atrocity committed by one side, the other side would attempt to play down its impact by claiming that they had suffered from worse atrocities - "well, that all's very well, but what about...that was much worse". That sort of thing.

Reading the recent references to Heysel in this thread, I am immediately reminded of Fitt's "whataboutery". Are these people really trying to suggest that our sympathy for the Hillsborough victims and their families should, somehow, be diminished by what happened at Heysel? "Hillsborough was terrible, but what about Heysel?”

The violent death of one completely innocent human being at a football match is just as bad as the violent death of any other. There should be absolutely no hierarchy of victimhood in such tragic matters. Those who refer to Heysel in that "whataboutery" fashion, in the same breath as expressing sympathy for the victims of Hillsborough, should be ashamed of themselves.

glenowen said:
Gerry Fitt was an MP from Belfast who some years ago introduced a new word into our vocabulary, in relation to the Northern Ireland Troubles. That word was "whataboutery". He coined this new term to express his extreme frustration at the fact that, after the latest atrocity committed by one side, the other side would attempt to play down its impact by claiming that they had suffered from worse atrocities - "well, that all's very well, but what about...that was much worse". That sort of thing.

Reading the recent references to Heysel in this thread, I am immediately reminded of Fitt's "whataboutery". Are these people really trying to suggest that our sympathy for the Hillsborough victims and their families should, somehow, be diminished by what happened at Heysel? "Hillsborough was terrible, but what about Heysel?”

The violent death of one completely innocent human being at a football match is just as bad as the violent death of any other. There should be absolutely no hierarchy of victimhood in such tragic matters. Those who refer to Heysel in that "whataboutery" fashion, in the same breath as expressing sympathy for the victims of Hillsborough, should be ashamed of themselves.

Here, here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.