Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

The story of altered statements is not new, just more of the same. It's been known for some time that officers were told or pressured to alter their statements in order to remove anything that might look like criticism of the police actions that day.

i want to see people do time for whats gone on here, they think there exempt from proseution because there at the top i pray they get hunted down through public presure and sentenced, it makes me wonder how much cameron and his cronies know and what is swiftly brushed under the carpet, those that have had handsome pay offs through there pension should be made to hand everthing over to the fund prior going to jail

marco said:
i want to see people do time for whats gone on here, they think there exempt from proseution because there at the top i pray they get hunted down through public presure and sentenced, it makes me wonder how much cameron and his cronies know and what is swiftly brushed under the carpet, those that have had handsome pay offs through there pension should be made to hand everthing over to the fund prior going to jail

Cameron?? Why bash the only PM who has come out and actually supported the victims and a search for the truth. I dont like the shiny faced toff but credit where its due. Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown didnt do a thing whilst in power. The stories of a government cover up are a bit of an exaggeration in my mind. This was an age before mobile phones, before social media, to think that the government could have got together within an hour of the tragic event (itself a virtually impossible task) and to have an agreement, a message delivered and carried out is far fetched at best. Chaos and confusion reigned, there were all sorts of stories flying about, how would the government know what was going on? Actions were taken to start covering up what happened quite quickly, like i said within an hour of the event, it had to be police driven, who were the ones on the ground who knew what had happened, there is no way any government has ever been that efficient. Successive governments did continue to cover up the truth though.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
marco said:

Cameron?? Why bash the only PM who has come out and actually supported the victims and a search for the truth. I dont like the shiny faced toff but credit where its due. Thatcher, Major, Blair and Brown didnt do a thing whilst in power. The stories of a government cover up are a bit of an exaggeration in my mind. This was an age before mobile phones, before social media, to think that the government could have got together within an hour of the tragic event (itself a virtually impossible task) and to have an agreement, a message delivered and carried out is far fetched at best. Chaos and confusion reigned, there were all sorts of stories flying about, how would the government know what was going on? Actions were taken to start covering up what happened quite quickly, like i said within an hour of the event, it had to be police driven, who were the ones on the ground who knew what had happened, there is no way any government has ever been that efficient. Successive governments did continue to cover up the truth though.

cameron has only come out and supported the victims because he's in a corner and had no choice but to do so, he might come over all in support for the truth etc 'but he's a politician he would' but my guess he'd sooner not have the hassle all MPs from years gone to date all piss in the same pot, money talks at the top and its bent to the core its even in football with the likes of blatter and nothing will ever get shut of it

marco said:
marco said:

cameron has only come out and supported the victims because he's in a corner and had no choice but to do so, he might come over all in support for the truth etc 'but he's a politician he would' but my guess he'd sooner not have the hassle all MPs from years gone to date all piss in the same pot, money talks at the top and its bent to the core its even in football with the likes of blatter and nothing will ever get shut of it

So you are having a go at the PM who has supported the search for the truth and the victims, whether he was forced to or not, but are ignoring the 4 PMs who said and did nothing whilst in power and most likely helped suppress the truth. Makes sense.

marco said:

So you are having a go at the PM who has supported the search for the truth and the victims, whether he was forced to or not, but are ignoring the 4 PMs who said and did nothing whilst in power and most likely helped suppress the truth. Makes sense.

you read my post correct and incase you missed a certain part here it is again '''they ALL piss in the same pot'''

marco said:
marco said:

you read my post correct and incase you missed a certain part here it is again '''they ALL piss in the same pot'''

I did read it. Thats your view, i disagree, there are a lot of people more deserving of abuse on this issue than Cameron, yet you singled him out, because they are all the same in your mind, thats your right. I think he's a twat but should be bashed for what he has got wrong not right.

marco said:

I did read it. Thats your view, i disagree, there are a lot of people more deserving of abuse on this issue than Cameron, yet you singled him out, because they are all the same in your mind, thats your right. I think he's a twat but should be bashed for what he has got wrong not right.

I think we all know where the original cover up came from and who was the driving force behind it. If you're in any doubt about how the blame was shifted on to the fans look at the news reports immediately after the event. They all blamed the Police. Yet somehow it became generally accepted (by those who wanted to believe it) that it was the fans fault. Only one organisation was powerful enough to get the media onside with that untruth and in my opinion that was the Government. A view they (and subsequent Governments) perpetuated for 23 years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjtoURBtCyw[/youtube]

Problem is that the truth about these matters generally comes out only when someone dies.

As other posters have said, I'd like to see the people responsible for the tragedy (and those who helped cover it up for over two decades) brought to account with criminal convictions.

Can't see it happening though.

no particular governments come out of it with any particular credit. the FA itself has escaped the criticism it deserves as it was they who considered hillsborough a suitable venue. a venue that had no safety certificate no less as changes to the fencing and dynamics had rendered the certificate invalid. !! for me the main responsibility is the police as an organisation. how the likes of dukinfield and bettison sleep peacefully at night is beyond comprehension. only the tenacity of families, individuals , fans themselves and support from MP'S such as andy burnham,maria eagle, steve rotherham etc kept it from being forgotten.

shackattack said:
no particular governments come out of it with any particular credit. the FA itself has escaped the criticism it deserves as it was they who considered hillsborough a suitable venue. a venue that had no safety certificate no less as changes to the fencing and dynamics had rendered the certificate invalid. !! for me the main responsibility is the police as an organisation. how the likes of dukinfield and bettison sleep peacefully at night is beyond comprehension. only the tenacity of families, individuals , fans themselves and support from MP'S such as andy burnham,maria eagle, steve rotherham etc kept it from being forgotten.
The FA should also have been aware of crushing problems with Spuds fans on the Leppings Lane terraces in 1981 and with Liverpool fans at the same end in 1988.
The police should also have been aware of it and planned accordingly.
OK, these weren't exactly the same problem but there were sufficient similarities. Anybody with experience of crowd control should have realised the stand layout with penning fences preventing lateral movement and the corner sections not accessible from the main terrace was an accident waiting to happen. Perhaps they did, and Wednesday, the SYP and the FA just didn't take it seriously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.