Hillsborough - The Search for Truth

CheethamHillBlue said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I would guess that more than half the Liverpool fans I saw were paralytic. ..

I would guess that's the most stupid comment ever posted on BM.
Good job you've not been asked to provide evidence.
It's interesting as the year he claims to have been there, the police had a cordon at the approach to Leppings Lane for the precise purpose of weeding out ticketless fans, touts and fans who were drunk. There was also police all the way down controlling the crowd. So there was a heavy police presence that day.

The following year they didn't do that and there was little police presence on the approaches to the Leppings Lane end. That's a large part of the reason the crush built up in 1989.

ticketless fans ,drunken fans,late arrivals,maybe so but,NOBODY DESERVED TO DIE.

ped said:
ticketless fans ,drunken fans,late arrivals,maybe so but,NOBODY DESERVED TO DIE.

Correct. They didnt. And no one says they did.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 am --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

It's interesting as the year he claims to have been there, the police had a cordon at the approach to Leppings Lane for the precise purpose of weeding out ticketless fans, touts and fans who were drunk. There was also police all the way down controlling the crowd. So there was a heavy police presence that day.

The following year they didn't do that and there was little police presence on the approaches to the Leppings Lane end. That's a large part of the reason the crush built up in 1989.

Were you there? I'm not sure why folks are calling me a liar. I was there, I saw what I saw. I repeat, I have absolutely no axe to grind here. I WASNT THERE WHEN THE DISASTER TOOK PLACE -I'm merely telling you what I saw the season before in the exact same fixture.
I dont know how people here can make such bold statements when they werent there.

CheethamHillBlue said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

Why? (to both statements?). What do you base that stupid soundbite on?
I stated exactly what I saw and witnessed because I was there the THE YEAR BEFORE.
I cannot say what happened on the day of the disaster other than 3rd hand from mates who were.

I would have been happy to provide evidence - but not much good as it wasnt about the day in question. As it happens, those mates DID make statements to the police.

Call me a liar IF YOU were there - but you cant because you weren't and im not lying.

I say again - no one should have died at a football match, whoever was to blame.

ANY1aBLUE said:
ped said:

Correct. They didnt. And no one says they did.

but alcohol and no tickets were found not to have been an issue, along with standing at the game. this battle has already been fought, the cover-up and how it was allowed to fester for 23 years are the most important findings, with accountability apportioned to the guilty. Surely this time justice will be done................ wont it?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Mike N said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I still don't understand why the actions of a minority of Liverpool supporters in any way absolves the police of any blame whatsoever in this. Their job when crowds converge is to maintain public order and be prepared for things not to go to plan. People turn up pissed at football games: always have; always will. South Yorkshire Police singularly failed in their duty to protect the public.

Do people blame pissed up night-clubbers when the fire escapes are nailed shut when there's a fire and they burn to death? Did people blame the victims of the Marchioness because most of them were off their heads on pills when it sank?

So true.

I've seen blues behave badly, very badly. They didnt deserve to die though.
Exactly, it was a fucking semi final. What the fuck were they expecting, a load of boy scouts? In actual fact ANY1aBLUE's post has (probably inadvertantly) added weight to my point. If there was behaviour like that in previous seasons why the fuck weren't SYP prepared for it? It seems too absurd for words.

The Police have the power to detain and lock people up as well as stopping and searching people etc, but with those powers comes a great responsibility to protect the public. I'm not entirely sure why it's even being debated tbh.

Events like this (thankfully) don't happen every week. On that basis those in charge must have done something wholly wrong that day. It's quite simple really.

Correct.

shackattack said:
Your right in assuming I was not there for either game. I did however have close friends who were and some have never spoke of it to me and the others are no longer able to. I was however there soon after for id purposes and believe me some of those scenes you would not wish on others. Am not saying everyone was sober or behaved impeccably but the authorities if anything should have learned from the season before and before etc. Wolves v spurs, coventry v Leeds they all experienced crowd problems. I want the inquiry next year to uncover the truth in every way because no one ever should go a game and come home in a body bag

Correct in all aspects. And my mates are also in the same psychological mess too. I can only say what I saw and felt the season before - worried, shocked and, if im honest a little scared - I was only 17 at the time. As a neutral, I didnt enjoy the experience - which is why,fortunately, I turned down the chance to go the following year.................

ANY1aBLUE said:
I got into the ground onto the terrace at 2.45pm and the Liverpool end was about 2/3rds full only. There was a big surge after the game had actually kicked off as masses piled in at the back.
Funny that. There is a statement from the police officers on duty that they closed the central pens at 2:45pm as they considered they were full and they were directing people to the outside pens.

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/HOM000001440001.pdf

From approximately 2.30pm (1430) the area outside the pens contained a large number of people and at the stairs there was an occasional rush but sufficient stewards were on duty to funnel the fans into a fairly orderly queue.

Sometime between 2.45 (1445) and 2.50pm (1450) I received an order to close the gates at the top of the tunnel leading to the central pen and remain at these gates to prevent entry by any further fans into the Central pen. I closed the right hand gate and remained at this post directing fans to the wing entrances.
So there was no "surge" as the gates to the tunnel were closed.

All sides of this are looking to place absolute blame on somebody. In my opinion the blame is to be shared. As mentioned, nobody deserved to die, and nobody intended anybody to die. But nobody is going to convince me that a large contingent of fans didn't travel to that match without a ticket, or outrageously drunk, or for the express purpose of causing trouble - and that created the conditions for this disaster to happen. I see that happening today all the time. Regardless of what reports claim, if people with no business being there weren't there, this would not have happened. Add the Police's complete mismanagement of the situation and subsequent cowardice and we have Hillsborough.

The police fucked it up enormously, but ticketless fans created the dangerous conditions to begin with. There are no innocent parties when 96 people die at a football match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.