Hobbies for the middle aged man

I have just built 2 airfix planes, painted them and all that jazz (First models in maybe 55 years. I got these from Lidl for £7 each but these are the 1:72 models, you can get 1:12 that cost a fortune considering it's moulded plastic.
A recent guilty pleasure of mine is watching YT vids of people making Airfix models. The levels of detail is off the charts.

Depends what you enjoy doing with your time. I enjoy swimming, running & walking for fitness. Also love listening to music (either my own collection or 6Music) and reading.
Sometimes like giving myself a cooking challenge. Ended up trying to put together a new curry each weekend during lockdown, but haven't tried that for a while.
Definitely not into gaming. Must have missed the boat with that when I was a kid & don't see the appeal.
Would love to learn some new languages but don't have the self discipline to do it myself from an online course or book. May consider language evening classes at some point.

And burrito is "little donkey'.
I confess that I am not very good with foreign languages but I was watching a YT vid in Italian about mother sauces (Escoffier) and burro is butter in Italian and my mother said she thought it was donkey, which it is in Spanish. Oh how we all laughed.

I'm trying to learn Spanish at the moment. The duo app is free and very good.
I want to learn spanish again but not sure if I should bother.
I did it at school 20 years ago but have forgotten 90% of it.
Think if I learn it again, I will just forget it all again as I won't be using it regularly so not much point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.