Hobbies for the middle aged man

How about cooking? As I near the “kids are outta the house and I’m thinking about retiring” stage of my life I’ve realized I’ve outsourced so much food prep to my wife (who’s amazing at it) but I know very little and my assistance has been as a mere busboy/dishwasher save a very few things I do know how to cook. So I’m trying to help more as a sous chef for her to start and then onto simple things before trying more complicated stuff. An infinitely interesting hobby that also helps one’s marriage (hopefully)!

I want to learn spanish again but not sure if I should bother.
I did it at school 20 years ago but have forgotten 90% of it.
Think if I learn it again, I will just forget it all again as I won't be using it regularly so not much point.
I go Spain a bit so hopefully it will be used a little Learning a language is supposedly good for your memory.

They do speak a bit backwards the Spanish and those fucking verbs:-(

Llevo cinco años estudiando español. Empecé con duolingo como tu y ahora mi nivel ha mejorado muchísimo. Escucho podcasts en español todos los días y mi sueño es vivir en España pero ¡el Brexit ha cagado en la leche! como se dice en español.
My dog is small?

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.