Hobbies for the middle aged man

Yoga...nearly all the mentioned hobbies involve you being still or with limited range of motion in your hips...if there were shops selling brand new hips theyd be a queue

Would recommend open water swimming to anyone. Probably better waiting a few months for it to warm up slightly as it's the toughest time of year now to start.

Another one as mentioned above, learn a language. Pick a culture you are interested in or a place you really want to visit. You will end up listening to podcasts, music and watching travel vlogs on YouTube as well.
open water swimming sounds great except for all the shit floating about…….

Would recommend open water swimming to anyone. Probably better waiting a few months for it to warm up slightly as it's the toughest time of year now to start.

Another one as mentioned above, learn a language. Pick a culture you are interested in or a place you really want to visit. You will end up listening to podcasts, music and watching travel vlogs on YouTube as well.
As Mr Snorky stated about fishing, how da fuck does open water swimming fit the OP's request for indoor hobbies ?

Just askin'

open water swimming sounds great except for all the shit floating about…….

Yeah, I've avoided open water & sea swimming for this very reason.
I do enjoy lido swims though. Seems much less clinical than indoor swims, you get sunshine on your back & fresh air, but the water is treated.
In the summer months I regularly visit Nantwich outdoor pool & when visiting London always go to one of the many brilliant art deco lidos.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.