Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Next time any rag or dipper, or clueless neutral for that matter, comes out with the tired old ‘blah blah empty seats blah blah champions league night’ just show them the referee’s performance in that match. Perfectly encapsulates why city fans are so lukewarm towards the ‘champions’ ‘league’.

It was so blatant that even the pundits had to mention it ffs.

Its not going against the grain at all. Agreed with all the points tonight re:throw in, penalty but I can admit thats a terrible tackle.

Similarly you can admit a city players deserves sending off without being a lesser blue.
You are the worst blue on here. If the ref disallowed Dave's goal for him being too nimble you'd post "yeh i can why he didnt give it"

@Bill What is especially infuriating is that many of the early match reports I am seeing are leading with variations of the cliche “Silva saves City blushes”. It is because they do not want to or cannot write about the referring performance, so it will be brushed under the rug. UEFA are able to intimidate into silence in nearly every level of football or football related media.
To be fair the Mail very much went in on the ref and his “strange decisions”.

If the boot was on the other foot, I wouldn't expect a red card for an opposition player. I've seen 15 leg breaking tackles this last season and a bit and never seen an opposition player sent off yet. Damn, some weren't even yellow carded, and some not even given as fouls.

Walkers weren't a leg breaker, a bad foul and booking no doubt. Slowed right down it doesn't look great, but it's far from the worst tackle you'll ever see.

I will give you that I am amazed he didn't get sent off though, seen as who he plays for....

And there is the problem! If those other tackles had been dealt with correctly (ie red cards) then I’m sure you’re views toward Walkers challenge may well be different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.