Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

You are the worst blue on here. If the ref disallowed Dave's goal for him being too nimble you'd post "yeh i can why he didnt give it"

No Im just mature enough to call a foul how I see it rather than through the prism of being a City fan. Similarly I can also say when a ref has made poor decisions against us, like tonight. Its called not being a sheep and foming my own opinion.

Job done in spite of the ref trying his hardest to prevent us getting the win. The ref kind of masked over a performance that we've seen a few times this season already though. By no keans bad but we've lost a bit of edge in our attack, we keep the ball, pass and probe for openings well enough but we don't create all that many actual chances, Pep loves to say how he doesn't keep possession for the sake of it and every pass needs to have a purpose but pointless possession is creeping into our game a little bit.

We need to find new passing lanes, and have new ideas in that final third to stop us being predictable because as soon as we become predictable, it becomes a lot easier to play against us. Not suggesting we're anywhere near predictable yet before somebody reads that one line and ignores the rest of the post, just that there's signs in our play this season. We got the win and thats all that matters from tonight but we need to be a lot better on Sunday if we're to come away from Anfield still undefeated.

And there is the problem! If those other tackles had been dealt with correctly (ie red cards) then I’m sure you’re views toward Walkers challenge may well be different.

No, I Call it as it is. Was a poor tackle, but never a vicious, straight legged, 2 footed, knee high leg breaker. I am slightly old school though so appreciate others will have different views.

Course it was a sending off. He flew in both feet of the ground, until he landed, and his studs up. Shocking challenge.

Does not excuse the pen or the throw in but lets at least be fair about things. If that was done against a City player the consensus on this forum would be a red.
Two feet are you sure of that? That's not even what BT commentary called it as. I will get round to posting the replay of it to clear this up tomorrow probably, happy to admit if it was two feet off the ground but any short of that and it's a yellow... even if it was a Rag.

If Walker played for Spurs and did that tackle against us then I doubt it would have even been a yellow judging by last seasons home game.

Gundogan was quiet tonight and laporte made a few sloppy back passes.other than than the rest did well.we will get no help from anyone who refs our games looks like theve been told give em nothing lads and its clear to see.tough group this now but great result tonight now on to the battle bus we go for sunday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.