Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

To be fair the ref in my opinion tried to fuck us over,but the walker challenge presented him with an opportunity to do so even more and he fucked up luckily for us...

No the discussion is in reference to me. I’m getting abuse for believing walkers tackle was a sending off offence and posting as such. In response I have been called the ‘worst blue on here’. I was highlighting if I did not write what I believed I would be a sheep.

As for stirring shit up if that’s having an opinion on a tackle then I suppose I am. Sometimes I mistakenly think that’s the point of a forum.
I don't think it was a red but I bet Hoffenheim fans, or a number of them will think it was.

They clearly thought Sane had dived as well although the TV coverage showed the opposite which shows how difficult it is to form an opinion in real time.

City fans have over 30 odd years formed an opinion that we have been fighting against the odds and for most of the time we have, but really I don't believe the UEFA competition is rigged. Possibly teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid get a number of decisions in their favour but they are expert divers and experts at piling pressure on match officials.

When we want your opinion, we will give it too you.. ps Walkers tackle was a deserved yellow, not two footed by any stretch of anyone’s imagination, apart from yours... There, that’s cleared the air now and we can move on from here ...!

I am always happy to move on. Like I said at the outset some poor decisions against us tonight and other nights historically. I moan about them as much as anyone and think we have had the rough end of the stick in the Champs Lge. Still does not change my view on the Walker challenge.

I hate it when people on here say Citys players should have seen red. Yet I have nver seen those same people calling out the tackles when it is our players are on the receiving end. Yet in this match there was a tackle on Silva where the guy lunged in and caught Silva high on the shin with his studs up yet he was not even booked and it is not even being discussed the only "bad" tackle worthy of a red according to some on here was Walkers. I think those that constantly say we fans are deluded and sheep in believing that we are not yet accepted and so dont get the same level of reffing as other teams are just wumming

Does anyone know what the throw in was pulled back for?

I didn't think the ref was too bad apart from the penalty and the throw in.
Turning down the penalty I dont understand. He seemed to hesitate for seconds then didnt even give a signal of no penalty ie he knew what he was doing. With the throw in either it was blatant cheating or he thought dave had both feet out of play when the ball rolled across the line to him, so he couldnt take a quick throw ??

I hate it when people on here say Citys players should have seen red. Yet I have nver seen those same people calling out the tackles when it is our players are on the receiving end. Yet in this match there was a tackle on Silva where the guy lunged in and caught Silva high on the shin with his studs up yet he was not even booked and it is not even being discussed the only "bad" tackle worthy of a red according to some on here was Walkers. I think those that constantly say we fans are deluded and sheep in believing that we are not yet accepted and so dont get the same level of reffing as other teams are just wumming
The Walker challenge may have been brought up because of the argument about refereeing bias. It's far far more likely that the ref just could not in real time give the penalty. The Hoffenheim fans clearly thought that Sane had dived as they booed him thereafter.

Turning down the penalty I dont understand. He seemed to hesitate for seconds then didnt even give a signal of no penalty ie he knew what he was doing. With the throw in either it was blatant cheating or he thought dave had both feet out of play when the ball rolled across the line to him, so he couldnt take a quick throw ??
If that was the case he would have given them a free kick, not have City take it again, he just cheated and stopped Sane possibly scoring as he was in on goal ..!

Walkers weren't a leg breaker, a bad foul and booking no doubt. Slowed right down it doesn't look great, but it's far from the worst tackle you'll ever see.
First up I didn't see it as a foul, perhaps that is what this bent idiot saw too.

On this occasion we should be happy there was no VAR, because with VAR we would certainly have been screwed over, as slow motion of it wasn't great to put it mildly.

I don't think it was a red but I bet Hoffenheim fans, or a number of them will think it was.

They clearly thought Sane had dived as well although the TV coverage showed the opposite which shows how difficult it is to form an opinion in real time.

City fans have over 30 odd years formed an opinion that we have been fighting against the odds and for most of the time we have, but really I don't believe the UEFA competition is rigged. Possibly teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid get a number of decisions in their favour but they are expert divers and experts at piling pressure on match officials.

I do not believe the competition is rigged either, certainly not against us, but it is certainly not as transparent, in my opinion, as the Premier League, so I can understand fans frustrations and suspicions with the tournament. Even the draw is so convoluted it creates doubt.

Yes in real time decisions are very difficult to make and I think that is not really considered when judging a referee. Even with my view on the Walker challenge that was based on replays not my gut feeling at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.