Hoffenheim (A) Post Match Thread

Four fouls
Zero penalties
Two yellow cards for diving

20jpgtg.jpg

None of them qualifies as an "honest mistake". Not a single one, I'm sorry. That's why I wrote "no coincidence", and that's why I wrote "it's a clear message, a message they've been delivering repeatedly". I stand firm by my position...

Given the opportunity: I know I'm probably wasting my time here, some people will never get it. Just for the record: When we evaluate individual performances or team performances as a whole, we should always take into account the overall circumstances of a particular game. Matches are not played in laboratories, you see. Referees? Christ. It won't take longer than 5 minutes for a professional footballer to identify a ref's policy. He doesn't need a not given penalty to make up his mind, no. "Simple", "routine" decisions will do. Within 5 minutes he will either feel comfortable / safe (and focus on his footbal)l or threatened. Identifying a force hostile towards him. The moment he realises this, his game will most probably be influenced...

Now an experienced player like David could probably handle it. Perhaps. Aguero? Probably the same (after all he is a SC, if you understand what I mean). But Eric is still young (with zero CL ecperience), Raheem is still young, Leroy, John? They are young, ffs. I mean 24 hours later and personally I'm still fucking fuming, couldn't fucking concentrate at work today (and I had a lot to do, believe me, lol). I was not playing, just watching. Put yourself in their place, how THEY felt during the match. It's not easy, is it?

Furthermore, City do not have a "name" in Europe yet, they are building a tradition, as we speak. A player wearing the Madrid shirt, for example, will feel "respected" before even ref's first whistle. Which in turn makes him feel invincible. I mean he doesn't have to worry, vary rarely or never will he be treated unfairly. While City players facing such situations are obliged to find the mental strength in themselves, from their teammates. So as to deal with them. Most of all, having faith in the quality of the team game. What they've been working with their manager in the training ground, and how effective this is in official matches. That's the only source of optimism (or not). Again, it's not easy, outside factors do have serious influence on the psychology of a game, on individual / team performances. Guardiola says, City need years, decades, to get where Barcelona or Madrid stand; the man knows what he's talking about...

As I said, for people with a deeper understanding of the game what I write is common sense. For others, I would hope they listened to the captain's words post match, for a start. Which should tell them a lot. As for the team, I'm sure players (all players) already know that in order to progress in the competition, they need to prepare themselves for the Skominas out there. That's the challenge they're facing, tough, I know. As unfortunate as it sounds, they will have to beat them too...

Sergio run across the edge of the penalty area, 2 defenders having nibbles at him all the way. Then the 3rd barges him off the ball. Nothing given.
Later in the match Sergio and one of their midfielders have a coming together, ref couldn't get the whistle to his mouth quick enough.

*edit. Don't get me started on the amount of times David Silva is fouled, pulled back etc.
This one stood out for me in particular as well - Sergio was barged over FROM BEHIND, and nothing given - it could not have been more blatant!

Not necessarily.
Halsey came out and said refs are told to change their match reports after mariner did just that so they could ban sergio for the derby,ratboy said it was the biggest scandal to hit football then the fa brushed it under the carpet,being a whistleblower on a multibillion sport is not easy and why it doesn't happen

How else would it be communicated then, with no trail or possible come back life phone hacks? I’m being serious btw, before I’m jumped on.

I'm not saying it is but if it was it could be a lot more subtle than that, all that's needed is to create a perception that influences and creates bias.

He just pulled it back and we had a throw in from exactly the same spot as far as I remember although tbf I was having some kind of anger induced stroke at the time so I may be wrong.
Hahaha, me too mate, I felt like throwing the tele out of the window! Even Pep ran out of his technical area and Silva looked like he was going to twat the ref!

One of the worst moments of refereeing I’ve ever seen in football that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.