Holding my nerves

Trust the management.

Gundogan left and Kovacic came in. Laporte and Cancelo will both be replaced by Gvardiol.

If Walker leaves, we will sign a RCB/RB. If Mahrez goes, we will sign a winger.

I’d be sad to see Gundo and Bernardo both leave in the same window — but sometimes that’s how it goes.

We need the squad to get younger and periods like this are normal.

Also, as someone else said, we just won the treble. Try to relax and enjoy it.

Trying hard to hold my nerves, but I think some of our older players might be thinking they have achieved all they can with City. Gundogan has left already, Walker, Mahrez, Bernado, Laporte, Cancelo also seem unsettled, if they all go I can’t see how we can establish new signings in the summer to settle in. Kovacic is an experienced Premier League player, but I hope we can keep Silva and Walker, at least until any new signings settle in.
Achieved all they can? The treble isn’t as big a deal as it’s made out to be, I’ve never known why United got all the fuss they did when they won the treble in 1999 nor us now. Liverpool’s European Cup, First Division and League Cup treble from 1983-84 is just as impressive and nobody mentions that.

Is it a great achievement? Of course, but in this country it’s not a clean sweep as we also have the EFL Cup so there is the Quadruple to aim for. I also think winning three league titles in a row is bigger than three trophies in a month because the latter can be just a great run of form whereas the former means you’ve been the best for years on the trot. So four league titles in a row will be much bigger than the treble. And then there’s back-to-back Champions Leagues as well as adding things like the Super Cup and World Club Cup.

I think any player who’s still ‘got it’ would be daft to want to leave us now. That’s why Laporte was sat on the floor crying after the final game at the Etihad.

Achieved all they can? The treble isn’t as big a deal as it’s made out to be, I’ve never known why United got all the fuss they did when they won the treble in 1999 nor us now. Liverpool’s European Cup, First Division and League Cup treble from 1983-84 is just as impressive and nobody mentions that.

Is it a great achievement? Of course, but in this country it’s not a clean sweep as we also have the EFL Cup so there is the Quadruple to aim for. I also think winning three league titles in a row is bigger than three trophies in a month because the latter can be just a great run of form whereas the former means you’ve been the best for years on the trot. So four league titles in a row will be much bigger than the treble. And then there’s back-to-back Champions Leagues as well as adding things like the Super Cup and World Club Cup.

I think any player who’s still ‘got it’ would be daft to want to leave us now. That’s why Laporte was sat on the floor crying after the final game at the Etihad.
i just want to get Tottenham in an FA cup final and hammer them.Only then will i be happy and everything complete.

I suspect that in two weeks this thread will look a bit daft.

As it stands:
Ederson/Ortega
Walker, Lewis, Stones, Dias, Akanji, Laporte and Ake.
KDB, Bernardo, Rodri, Phillips, Foden, Kovacic, Grealish, Palmer, Mahrez, Doyle, Bobb, McAtee.
Haaland, Alvarez.

Probably the world's best squad in the world, with a month of the transfer window to go, and on the back of the most successful season in world football.

Last edited:
Trust the management.

Gundogan left and Kovacic came in. Laporte and Cancelo will both be replaced by Gvardiol.

If Walker leaves, we will sign a RCB/RB. If Mahrez goes, we will sign a winger.

I’d be sad to see Gundo and Bernardo both leave in the same window — but sometimes that’s how it goes.

We need the squad to get younger and periods like this are normal.

Also, as someone else said, we just won the treble. Try to relax and enjoy it.
Exactly what I’ve been saying.

I suspect that in two weeks this thread will look a bit daft.

As it stands:
Ederson/Ortega
Walker, Lewis, Stones, Dias, Akanji, Laporte.
KDB, Bernardo, Rodri, Phillips, Foden, Kovacic, Grealish, Palmer, Doyle, Bobb, McAtee.
Haaland, Alvarez.

Probably the world's best squad in the world, with a month of the transfer window to go, and on the back of the most successful season in world football.
Now you’ve put it down in black and white my nerve has gone……

we are going to need a rebuild in the next few years and we may have to settle for champions league spots while we rebuild but I’d rather take one or two seasons off and then build another dynasty. I also think our future manager has just gone to psg .
He’s in a holding position. Ferrán, Txiki & Khaldoon will whistle when they know Pep’s going.

This season and next are Pep’s victory lap. If he doesn’t win another thing I want to stand and cheer the best manager we’ve ever had, and thank my lucky stars I wasn’t too young or too old to appreciate it.

There‘s fans of 91 other clubs are fretting over this summer‘s transfer activity. I don’t think we should join them. We won’t be signing Mark Bosnich and Quinton Fortune.

Trying hard to hold my nerves, but I think some of our older players might be thinking they have achieved all they can with City. Gundogan has left already, Walker, Mahrez, Bernado, Laporte, Cancelo also seem unsettled, if they all go I can’t see how we can establish new signings in the summer to settle in. Kovacic is an experienced Premier League player, but I hope we can keep Silva and Walker, at least until any new signings settle in.
Relax and go to the beach with a good book.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.