Holiday advice

I’m pissed off but can’t face reading up on it as yet - I was doing an Airbnb in Portugal in the summer, have paid 50%, and then paid fully for the flights separately.

I’ll be about £2k out of pocket if get fucked completely.

something similar like myself. 3 weeks in Croatia in July and 3 different Airbnb’s £1450. Half paid. Flights separate with EasyJet.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/artic...bev_on_new_domain=1585864136_MjE2MTg5NjljNzQx

looks like anything from 14th March to 31st May can be cancelled by either party and then rearranged or refunded. Seems positive and can only play by ear for weeks ahead both in UK and country of holiday.

I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I was told I had to pay the rest of the holiday which was €550. I paid it and was told I would get it back but will lose my deposit. 3 weeks ago still havent got it back. Was told up to 28 days.

There was a lady "expert" on BBC this afternoon, and she advised you pay or you breach your contract, but pay by credit card, and when they cancel you can get everything back, she said even if you paid £1 on your credit card, and £1999 by cash, they have to pay the whole £2000 back, I was a bit surprised by that, but she was giving general financial advice on a whole range of stuff.
She was spot on.

Is anyone renting a house, cottage, caravan etc here in the UK and what are your agents/owners doing ??

We rent ours ours through a major player and have been told the following
1) Guests can rebook and pay no rebooking fees but at the current holiday costs.....
2) Can have a 24 mth credit on their booking account or
3) A total refund paid back by yours truly.

We've had 5 cancellations so far ( I'm expecting more as this wears on..) but 4 rebooking

Our agents seem to be working this on a 3 week rolling window and playing it close to the commencement date..
Others have closed for the foreseeable future, not too sure where the guests stand and as for the owners who do their own marketing and bookings....well I suppose that's anybodies guess and up to the owners and guest insurance to sort out.

We paid for ours with TUI in Jan in full.
Due to leave 25/5 so just awaiting for them to confirm the inevitable.
With TUI being atol/abta we should have no problem in getting our dosh back.
We paid balance for our trip to Italy in Jan too. Not going till end August. Not optimistic of going but should get full amount back if they cancel it. So just a case of wait and see.

I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?

Some expert on telly last night said you must pay the balance but do it in a credit card then you will get money back - eventually- if it goes tits up.
Also said that just paying a fiver on a card will protect the full amount.

Id say keep paying for it and then claim it back in full when its cancelled would be the thing to do.

The sensible thing is to pay the balance to ensure you are squeaky clean. It is the opposite of our agent in Spain who refunded our £1500 deposit without us even asking. I know which agent we'll be using when this is all over.

Paying the balances for many will be hard in these times I am sure. We have paid £400 and owe £2200. I don’t really want to pay that in the hope I may get it back one day.

I know someone in Management in Travel and they think the likes of Tui will go under if not bailed out. 90% of their staff have been laid off so no wonder can’t get to speak to anyone. They are also talking about giving out credit notes instead of refunds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.