Holidays

Yeah I went into Marrakech to visit the souks and walk around. I enjoyed it. Full of people trying to take your money, the best spot being where there was a cash machine and they'd just be coming up to tourists with random bits of crap knowing they were about to make a withdrawal!

Quite enjoyed how hectic it was.
No worries mate, when we were there there was a lot of grabbing and trying to drag mainly women and kids off to have photos taken with their monkey, one woman just took a photo about 20/30 yards away and they stormed over trying to get her phone and made her delete it.

Tbh that was just the tip of the ice berg, went on a tour into the Atlas Mountains with a couple of guides, asked them if they thought western females were safe there, they pretty much said yes, as long as they cover up and don’t make any hassle, I said bollocks, a month or so later the two Scandinavian girls were beheaded where we’d been in the tour, that summed it up for me, maybe they’ve become a bit more civilised since.
Ps, don’t get me started on their treatment of dogs.
Do people really go on holiday and stay inside the resort 100% of the time?

Genuinely curious as it seems the opposite of what I would think of going on holiday abroad for.
If you turned up at your resort and the security guards had sub-machine guns, would you be put off a bit mate ?
I can imagine most would, anyway, besides that, I found our resort excellent and all we really wanted or needed.

Genuinely curious as it seems the opposite of what I would think of going on holiday abroad for.
Everyone is different. When I go abroad it will be to a beach resort but self catering so will eat in a few nights but also get out to try as many restaurants as I can, if there are sights to see I will go but get why many want 14 days sat on the beach

Last edited:

Depends where I go. If I go to the Caribbean I will stay at the resort for most of the time (other than walking up and down the beach). The odd day trip here and there.
If I go to Europe I will only use the hotel to sleep in.

No worries mate, when we were there there was a lot of grabbing and trying to drag mainly women and kids off to have photos taken with their monkey, one woman just took a photo about 20/30 yards away and they stormed over trying to get her phone and made her delete it.

Tbh that was just the tip of the ice berg, went on a tour into the Atlas Mountains with a couple of guides, asked them if they thought western females were safe there, they pretty much said yes, as long as they cover up and don’t make any hassle, I said bollocks, a month or so later the two Scandinavian girls were beheaded where we’d been in the tour, that summed it up for me, maybe they’ve become a bit more civilised since.
Ps, don’t get me started on their treatment of dogs.

If you turned up at your resort and the security guards had sub-machine guns, would you be put off a bit mate ?
I can imagine most would, anyway, besides that, I found our resort excellent and all we really wanted or needed.

I had my mrs and three kids with me and still got a lot of people coming over but we just kept our heads down and ignored them. Some woman ran over and tried to do a henna tattoo on my daughter which she'd have no doubt then charged us a fortune for, but I steered her away. There were local police who were making sure a lot were left alone. It's a bit of a nightmare but I had read up before I went and was ready for it. I travelled to Thailand in my early 20s and that gives me good training on how to avoid that sort of thing. What starts with an innocent conversation ends up with you in a tuk tuk on your way to buy a brand new suit! Part of the fun in my opinion, but I knew what to expect and was ready for it. Didn't see anything violent or untoward.

Just looked up those girls. They were targeted because they weren't with tour guides and beheaded. Fucking horrific.

If anyone wants to squeeze a ski trip in, the snow in Wyoming and Idaho is better than it was in January. Crazy deep, whitewater this summer will be huge !

Yeah I went into Marrakech to visit the souks and walk around. I enjoyed it. Full of people trying to take your money, the best spot being where there was a cash machine and they'd just be coming up to tourists with random bits of crap knowing they were about to make a withdrawal!

Quite enjoyed how hectic it was.
Great place, more of an ordeal than a holiday, an eye opener. Kids flogging tissues, old hags grabbing you for henna tattoos, haggling in the souks, usual snake charmers, I'd like to put the fuckers up against a Cobra that had some teeth and see just how fucking charming they really are. Guides trying to rip you off....fun times if you keep your wits about you.

Great place, more of an ordeal than a holiday, an eye opener. Kids flogging tissues, old hags grabbing you for henna tattoos, haggling in the souks, usual snake charmers, I'd like to put the fuckers up against a Cobra that had some teeth and see just how fucking charming they really are. Guides trying to rip you off....fun times if you keep your wits about you.

Just like Manchester on a Friday night.

Was up in one of the Berber villages and the kids were begging me for Dhiram, with their Nike trainers and tracksuits/football shirts on etc, they were better dressed than me the cheeky fuckers !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.