Holidays

Went to Morocco in the seventies.
I only encountered barbarians.
Constantly propositioning the Mrs, chucking rocks at us if we ignored their begging, never left us alone trying to sell us tat, shit ourselves in the souk at Fez, even chucking rocks at Berbers when a coach trip stopped for a break. Went to a public pool and half the people had ringworm

Was up in one of the Berber villages and the kids were begging me for Dhiram, with their Nike trainers and tracksuits/football shirts on etc, they were better dressed than me the cheeky fuckers !
and have you seen how many satalite dishes they have, the skyline of the villages looks like the deck of a Russian trawler.

No worries mate, when we were there there was a lot of grabbing and trying to drag mainly women and kids off to have photos taken with their monkey, one woman just took a photo about 20/30 yards away and they stormed over trying to get her phone and made her delete it.

Tbh that was just the tip of the ice berg, went on a tour into the Atlas Mountains with a couple of guides, asked them if they thought western females were safe there, they pretty much said yes, as long as they cover up and don’t make any hassle, I said bollocks, a month or so later the two Scandinavian girls were beheaded where we’d been in the tour, that summed it up for me, maybe they’ve become a bit more civilised since.
Ps, don’t get me started on their treatment of dogs.

If you turned up at your resort and the security guards had sub-machine guns, would you be put off a bit mate ?
I can imagine most would, anyway, besides that, I found our resort excellent and all we really wanted or needed.
Sounds an absolute shit hole...

I’ve learnt that you should never book a holiday with a travel agent etc do it yourself.
the daughter booked a holiday in Turkey later this year before asking if I could travel (I’ve recently had a stroke) and hadn’t been given the all clear to fly so I said cancel my booking
now given the all clear to travel looked to rebook but they wanted silly amount to be put back on holiday
so did it myself what easy jet wanted £800 for I’ve done it the same holiday,same hotel same flights etc all that’s missing is the transfer from airport for the following
flight £260 inc baggage seat selection etc
hotel £10 night x 14 £140 booked direct with hotel
total cost £400 for the same holiday and the hotel will now pick me up at airport
£10 per night .. This should be in the best ever purchase thread.

£10 per night .. This should be in the best ever purchase thread.
A couple of years ago we paid £4 a night! Mind you it was at the top of a bloody great hill cost us more in taxis to save the walk up the hill
Always book direct with hotel don’t use booking .com or other sites and you’ll always get a great price

Last edited:
Went to montego Bay and was advised not to leave the resort but was with the lads so it was straight to the shittest bar we could find . Went to Morocco about 20 years ago and drove from agadir to marrakesh where we stayed with the berbers for a few nights. The cops even stole our hire car to extort money from us . Not my ideal family holiday destinations now I am.older with family. Anywhere its hard to find beer or illegal to be drunk is not for me . My mate got locked up for 3 weeks in dubai . £10 a pint then a stretch in the local nick. I am sure he got bummed as he don't talk about it .

Echoing others with the summer holiday price issues. It's carnage. Got three kids and it's about £5k to go to shitty places in Greece/Spain/Turkey which is a joke.

Did a lot of researching over the weekend and have managed to book flights for £130pp to Rijeka in Croatia and will book a campsite or something around there and keep it to £2k. Still a lot of money but restricted to school holidays now so can't complain too much. Couldn't bring myself to pay £1000pp for Europe when you can go to the caribbean and further afield for not much more than that (and less in some cases).
Much better option and i garurentee the kids will love it, the more people look away from the package holiday the sooner prices will drop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.