Holidays

There are loads of beautiful places to visit in England.

We've booked 9 days in Cala D'or, leaving next week. Hoping for some warm weather.

Has anyone here used Journee? We've had a few quotes from them this year, but not taken the plunge yet, due to a few minor deficiencies in their offers.

Journee crop up on my social media all the time.

Never used them, and never will....ridiculously pricey (almost £500pp minimum for a short break) and very gimmick heavy from what I can tell.

Just get the other half/family member/friend to arrange a trip if you wanna go somewhere without knowing exactly where.

A friend of mine goes cruising a lot. Maybe two or three times a year, using the same company, usually leaving from Southampton. He had just finished a cruise and they were tempting him in to buying his next, and he pushed them for a deal based on his loyalty status.

He said he is paying £250 each (him and his wife) for a Mediterranean Cities cruise this winter, with upgrades of cabin with a view and £750 spending money! (I think that is total, not each).

He said they do this to get people to go on the cruise because it is cheaper to put the ships to sea than it is to leave them in port all winter.

It sounds a bit fanciful to me. Is there any truth in this? And if so, how can you get in on the act if you don't have around 50 previous cruises to throw into the mix?

He might be exaggerating the figures involved slightly, but you can get very good deals for cruises when sailing in low or off season.

MSC run some very cheap cruises over the winter period, P&O sometimes too.

Having status always helps to get upgrades/credit etc but a lot of ships will sail below capacity when it's an off-peak travel time for that area (Med/northern Europe in winter for example)

Anyone flown China airlines before?
I'm flying to Hawaii next week with them just wondering if they're any good?
Reviews are good.

Booked Palma btw.
5 days starting on Saturday.
Have a nice little itinary and will be going with my son.

Anyone recommend a decent travel insurer?
I've got quotes ranging from £9 (on the comparison sites) to £29 with the CO OP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.