Holidays

Any recommendations for Turkey? Looking at prices and it’s offering best value. And any ideas on resorts to avoid the Russians?
They are everywhere. That is really a mission to avoid them these days.
How do you guys like the airplane tickets prices this year? Isn't that too much a little?
We've decided to take the train this year ( Trainline reviews are not bad here actually) and save better some cash for a decent hotel with breakfasts and dinners

Last edited:
I’m just about to come home from a brilliant 4 nights away in the Lake District.
At 6.30am I walked down to the Lake at Fallbarrow Park and took some photos. The tranquility, the peace, the beauty, fantastic.

There are few places apart from Vancouver and Canadian Rockies, more beautiful to my mind than the Lake District, especially when you get the weather.
I drove here on Monday in torrential rain and had a couple of showers Tuesday morning but after that the weather has been glorious. Not hot just warm and sunny, very sunny! :-)
Highly recommended for a relaxing holiday.
Only little sort of negative for me was the fact that I can’t do the climbing or even the hill walking I used to love but I can still see mountains, walk a little way but mainly enjoy the mountain air. Fantastic. :-) :-) on my way home in about 10 mins.

I’m just about to come home from a brilliant 4 nights away in the Lake District.
At 6.30am I walked down to the Lake at Fallbarrow Park and took some photos. The tranquility, the peace, the beauty, fantastic.

There are few places apart from Vancouver and Canadian Rockies, more beautiful to my mind than the Lake District, especially when you get the weather.
I drove here on Monday in torrential rain and had a couple of showers Tuesday morning but after that the weather has been glorious. Not hot just warm and sunny, very sunny! :-)
Highly recommended for a relaxing holiday.
Only little sort of negative for me was the fact that I can’t do the climbing or even the hill walking I used to love but I can still see mountains, walk a little way but mainly enjoy the mountain air. Fantastic. :-) :-) on my way home in about 10 mins.
Where do you recommend staying abd do they allow dogs?

Where do you recommend staying abd do they allow dogs?
Fallbarrow is very nice, there’s a mixture of caravans and lodges and there were dogs there. In fact the van I was in had one of those wooden ‘plaque’ things that said if the dog approves of you you are welcome here or words to that effect!! :-)
The walk into Bowness itself is about 5 or so minutes and there’s a shop with a cafe on site plus a restaurant. I didn’t use them as I took my food.
It’s part of Parkdean Resorts and there are 2 more not too far away White Cross and Limefitt. My daughter has stayed on Limefit and loved it but it is more hilly than Fallbarrow so she recommended Fallbarrow for me. Staff very friendly and helpful as well. Lake on site so to speak. :-)

Fallbarrow is very nice, there’s a mixture of caravans and lodges and there were dogs there. In fact the van I was in had one of those wooden ‘plaque’ things that said if the dog approves of you you are welcome here or words to that effect!! :-)
The walk into Bowness itself is about 5 or so minutes and there’s a shop with a cafe on site plus a restaurant. I didn’t use them as I took my food.
It’s part of Parkdean Resorts and there are 2 more not too far away White Cross and Limefitt. My daughter has stayed on Limefit and loved it but it is more hilly than Fallbarrow so she recommended Fallbarrow for me. Staff very friendly and helpful as well. Lake on site so to speak. :-)
Stayed there about 15 years ago...a loverly park .

Stayed at Limefitt. It's a bit of a trek into Windermere and bowness. Not much to do on the park itself just one pub. We tend to stay in bowness every year now. Plenty of places to eat and drink at night and some good hikes within a 30 minute drive. Helvellyn via striding edge, and Roman high street are probably my favourite walks. Westmoreland Inn does traditional pub grub, and the portions are huge!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.