Holidays

TBH, I've never stayed in Cancun. It's just not my bag. Playa Car is great. And you're right about hotel choices. Foam parties will always attract belly bumping, beer can crushing on the head fucksticks ; )
P.S, my cousin is in Palma Mallorca. Might have to head there one day.
I’ve done Playa del Carmen once and enjoyed it but had a bit of a moody encounter one night when somebody took me to get some goodies. Those alleyways and streets are not for the faint hearted after dark! Haha!
Cancun is what it is, I went for the first time in my 20s so was obviously looking for a different holiday back then compared to now when I’m in my mid 40s. :-)

Cancun is a shit hole. The only reason to go there is to get on a bus to Playa Del Carmen.
P.S, If you want to avoid Yanks and seaweed, go to Cuba.
Its full of alligators and drug dealers and dirty birds .. and .. and everything. The Playacar hotel zone and Playa Carmen is a much better option unless your in a top bollock hotel and just there for some R and R. Cancun's Coco Bongos was a good laugh, but not much else to shout about save for Play Mujeres ferry offering a great island day trip with some really nice beaches. I Like Turtles .. so for me the sanctuary was a real bonus.

Thank you for that. I've found via Milan for Armenia, might make a stop off there as said I'd take her there again at some point.

I liked Istanbul for the final but she travels on a Greek passport so they'll probably treat her like shit in the airport, so will probably swerve that route.
I’d go to Milan ok. I love Italian culture and the lads next door to me from Turin were absolute gentlemen.

Like Azerbaijan back in 2019 when I did Istanbul-Baku-Berlin over six nights, I intend to make Armenia an adventure. There’s a charter from Cardiff but that sounds too obvious.

I’d go to Milan ok. I love Italian culture and the lads next door to me from Turin were absolute gentlemen.

Like Azerbaijan back in 2019 when I did Istanbul-Baku-Berlin over six nights, I intend to make Armenia an adventure. There’s a charter from Cardiff but that sounds too obvious.

Agreed, ticking a few places off is always fun, as long as you factor in enough time to chill or you just spend the entire trip unpacking a suitcase and travelling.

anyone done Bangkok and used the railways to get about a bit was thinking about this rather than Phuket as an alternative?
Lived in both (Bangkok and Phuket) and used the railways extensively. Nice way to get about in Thailand IMO.

Phuket (obviously) doesn't have a train station but is still reasonably accessible from Surat Thani to Malaysia and Singapore plus trains north to Bangkok. All longish journeys though but a night train is quite pleasant. I did those journeys on many an occasion.

Bangkok is much better for trains to North and Central Thailand. All depends what you want to see and where you want to go really. Flying is quicker and cheaper but I don't fly, unless I have to, and found trains a very nice alternative and preferable to the buses.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.