Holidays

anyone done Bangkok and used the railways to get about a bit was thinking about this rather than Phuket as an alternative?
Trains are ok for longer distances but anywhere 3 hours or about 150km from Bangkok just get a Grab ( like Uber checkout the app) for £30ish. Alternatively for bigger distances fly internals are pretty cheap.

Lived in both (Bangkok and Phuket) and used the railways extensively. Nice way to get about in Thailand IMO.

Phuket (obviously) doesn't have a train station but is still reasonably accessible from Surat Thani to Malaysia and Singapore plus trains north to Bangkok. All longish journeys though but a night train is quite pleasant. I did those journeys on many an occasion.

Bangkok is much better for trains to North and Central Thailand. All depends what you want to see and where you want to go really. Flying is quicker and cheaper but I don't fly, unless I have to, and found trains a very nice alternative and preferable to the buses.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.
It's a cracking ride down to Butterworth. Bit mad when you get of the bone rattler from Thailand and on to the air- con commuter type train in Malaysia.

It's a cracking ride down to Butterworth. Bit mad when you get of the bone rattler from Thailand and on to the air- con commuter type train in Malaysia.
Always enjoyed it. Often used to stop off in Penang, KL and Malacca, when the kids were young, to break the journey up. Was always good fun.

I did one overnight Thai train journey, the first time I went. Bangkok to Surat Thani. Woke up to find piss all over the carriage because of a blocked bog
Never been that lucky:) I used to get the overnight bus there from Kosarn Rd, not much better but the stop half way for noodle soup made up for it. Delicious!

on tui (holiday hypermarket) last 2weeks of March early April Cuba was coming up £990 2weeks ai for a 3 star £1300 for a 4star but your booking a week or 2 before you go .If you don't need to go on specific dates it helps
If you want £30 off tap in the code BLUE30, it’s for City fans ;) HH only

I did one overnight Thai train journey, the first time I went. Bangkok to Surat Thani. Woke up to find piss all over the carriage because of a blocked bog
No need to go all the way to Thailand for piss all over the floor. Just get a late night bus in Manchester. Same experience at a fraction of the price.

I’ve not booked Armenia yet but I think Rome and Athens were two initial ideas.

For Tbilisi, I went via Istanbul. Thoroughly recommend a gem of a city.

Hi mate, we've been doing a bit of planning for the Tbilisi/Yerevan trip.

How did you find getting about in Tbilisi, in taxis and public transport, and from the airport etc?

We are thinking of getting a 5 hour minibus up to Tbilisi from Yerevan, or there is an hour flight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.