Holidays

Where do people find reasonably priced holidays?
Usually book with TUI as cater for kids well but next year's prices look really expensive.
Usually go all inclusive but thinking of doing half board next year to keep costs down but even then it's crazy money just for a week in Spain.
I find booking separately keeps the costs down, in Tenerife at the minute staying SC in a decent hotel with kids club etc. 9 nights for 4 of us has cost 1100 in total.

Look at flying in and out of different airports too. We saved 400 flying out of Edinburgh and back to Manchester. Train to Edinburgh cost us £42 for the four of us..

Last edited:
Usually book with TUI as cater for kids well but next year's prices look really expensive.
Usually go all inclusive but thinking of doing half board next year to keep costs down but even then it's crazy money just for a week in Spain.

I skyscanner "everywhere" from the airport I want on the dates I want, and see what's reasonable cost wise. I then take a look at hotel options in those areas. It's always cheaper to do it that way. I've got three kids and it was coming in at £5k for a holiday to pretty shite places in Europe this summer. I've ended up spending a lot fucking less booking separately. It's still about 50% more than the previous summer prices and next year doesn't seem to be looking much better at the moment doing a package deal.

Assuming you're tied to school holidays, have a look at Easyjet Holidays.
They sometimes have some very good prices across Europe for peak dates.

Olympic Holidays can be good for deals to Greece too.

Madrid for a week in September the Monday after the Fulham game.
Booked all my visits online.The first time I have done this so I have my days filled with things to do.
Tuesday..Thyssen and the Royal collection gallery.
Wednesday...Tour to San Lorenzo.
Thursday...The Prado.
Friday....Tour to Toledo.
Saturday....Museum Sorolla and a Sorolla exhibition at the Royal Palace.
Sunday....Liria Palace.
It makes me get out and about and no days wasted doing nothing

Hope it works out.
The Prado is absolute quality, superb museum, could spend a whole day in there looking at the paintings, enjoy!

I’ve heard holiday pirates is good (but haven’t used em) I’m like you, always had kids to think about, now grandkids, so TUI/Jet2 for free child places is the go too. In June we paid £900 for 2A 1K all inclusive to Majorca, £1300 self catering to Gran Canaria in July, and just booked somewhere near Barcelona HB for £900 in early September (all for a week) all with TUI, but booked through Holiday hypermarket who offer blue light card discount of £30 without checking credentials (shhhh) the Mrs card is still in date but she no longer works in the NHS, if you do you can get £100 discount with TUI
Good call with the Holiday Hypermarket who are in essence TUI in disguise, pricing their own identical holidays cheaper albeit on a different portal.

Madrid for a week in September the Monday after the Fulham game.
Booked all my visits online.The first time I have done this so I have my days filled with things to do.
Tuesday..Thyssen and the Royal collection gallery.
Wednesday...Tour to San Lorenzo.
Thursday...The Prado.
Friday....Tour to Toledo.
Saturday....Museum Sorolla and a Sorolla exhibition at the Royal Palace.
Sunday....Liria Palace.
It makes me get out and about and no days wasted doing nothing

Hope it works out.
Looking good. Without doubt one of my favourite cities. If you like your art galleries there's one significant omission....Reina Sofia. Unless you've been there before of course :)

Looking good. Without doubt one of my favourite cities. If you like your art galleries there's one significant omission....Reina Sofia. Unless you've been there before of course :)
Not my thing modern art.Will visit in the evening when you get in for free.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.