Holidays

Have you done the Scrovegni Chapel visit.
It was a great visit when I was there a few years back.
Interesting art gallery next to it well.
For some reason there are not much info on the paintings,which let's it down a bit.
Yes, I have. We hired a local guide for the morning so we'd get the full info. He was very good.

Theres been some amazing places discussed since the inception of this thread, with dreamy locations by the bucketful. However sometimes it's fine to mix it up on a budget and four nights for £55 for two fitted the bill for a very last minute heatwave getaway at Haven.

Mablethorpe has a drop dead gorgeous beach that has been named one of the best in England 2023 and is also Blue Flag certified so safe to paddle in the surf. We've been bumped up from saver to Silver with balcony, two telly's, dishwasher, piped bluetooth music to android and uninterupted views of the surrounding country side and vista.

In fact Mablethorpe is built on the edge of some of the most charming vistas in Linconshire.
We visited a retro miniture cinema to watch Oppenheimer at the morning OAP showing and pretty cool.

Wowh85y.jpg

Current card score up to press is 12 - 8 to her. Its the game where you deal 13 and you make up your best 4 hands. Prile of threes trumps everything. We would have played crib but forgot the board

Venice next weekend.
So much to do but visit these two attractions every time I'm there.Next to each other as well.
The churches in Venice have some of the best art in Venice.
Well worth studying for visits if you are going there.
Going to the Di San Marco for the first time.
Got a flying visit to Venice booked next April - one night: early morning flight on Saturday back home Sunday night.

Theres been some amazing places discussed since the inception of this thread, with dreamy locations by the bucketful. However sometimes it's fine to mix it up on a budget and four nights for £55 for two fitted the bill for a very last minute heatwave getaway at Haven.

Mablethorpe has a drop dead gorgeous beach that has been named one of the best in England 2023 and is also Blue Flag certified so safe to paddle in the surf. We've been bumped up from saver to Silver with balcony, two telly's, dishwasher, piped bluetooth music to android and uninterupted views of the surrounding country side and vista.

In fact Mablethorpe is built on the edge of some of the most charming vistas in Linconshire.
We visited a retro miniture cinema to watch Oppenheimer at the morning OAP showing and pretty cool.

Wowh85y.jpg

Current card score up to press is 12 - 8 to her. Its the game where you deal 13 and you make up your best 4 hands. Prile of threes trumps everything. We would have played crib but forgot the board
Looks ideal and amazing value.
Great find.

Sounds class mate. I'm trying to get as much in as possible as we've not had kids yet. Been to Buenos Aires twice and up into the province a bit. We love the place and obviously our spending power is huge out there due to their chaotic economy, it is just the flight that's expensive.

I regularly wake up in the night dreaming of the steaks out there. I hope to do a long-haul trip early next year, keep getting drawn back to Argentina but I would love to see Korea or Armenia. That Christmas shutdown trip is a great idea. I am lucky in my job that I get almost 2 weeks off but tend to use it seeing family or recharging at home. I love to catch some of the football over in Argentina which unfortunately never lines up during the Christmas period.

Definitely worth making the most of it whilst you can! I usually get 10 days at Christmas with the shutdown but tagged a week of annual leave before it and got over there. So many places in South America I wanted to go to, our original idea was to go through Peru to Bolivia and into Argentina before heading up to Rio for NYE. We used some posh travel agent to plan an itinerary but it was far too tight with transfers so we dropped Bolivia out sadly.

That's a tip I'd recommend though - throw some ideas at a travel agent, let them plan it all out for you then just go and book it yourself for a lot cheaper!

Has anybody visited Bari?

I went there last August for the mother in law's birthday. Stayed in a villa nearby and hit up the beaches in that area. Flew into Brindisi but dropped into Bari a couple of times. Didn't see a huge amount of it, but it's lovely. I'm yet to really go anywhere in Italy I haven't loved though. Plenty of things to see in that region. Alberobello was stunning and worth a visit. We hired a car so got out and about, great beaches there as well.

Yes much handier for Venice, hence why I thought about using it as a base next time. Is it only about 20 mins on the train?
Yep.
We go to Venice every year. Padua is an easy day trip by train. Well worth a visit.
Was at the Carnivale in February and will be Off for a week in December.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.