Holidays

Venice next weekend.
So much to do but visit these two attractions every time I'm there.Next to each other as well.
The churches in Venice have some of the best art in Venice.
Well worth studying for visits if you are going there.
Going to the Di San Marco for the first time.
If you haven’t already seen it don’t miss the Jesuit church. It’s a gem.

Looks ideal and amazing value.
Great find.
The double bump helped immensly. We also have a Gold booked at only £158 for four nights priced low owing to the children returning back to school, fair to say it's like a scene from the film Cocoon here at the moment.

The Golds are the doggies bollocks of camping refinement, being 14ft wide with full wrap around balconies for their dicerning client base : /

On the abroad front we have an upcoming pria de rocha booked, a cheeky week in Majorca and a planned Christmas break in Golf Del Sur.

If any other pensioner typos off here are on the look out for low cost autuminal breaks or even some inbetween main holiday fillers then Haven are hard to beat in the low seasons starting at £12 a night. Consider the free gas and electric saving from back home and you could be staying for free. Hi de Hi:

Did a long weekend at a Haven once.
Arrived 18.00 Friday.
Left 10.00 next day.
The whole placed proved Sartre was right.
“Hell is other people.”

It was the underclass vomiting and shagging in public in the early hours that put me off.

What restaurants would you recommend in Venice mate ?
For reasonable oriental food served in an unassuming environment either of these restaurants.
We go several times when we are there.

This is horrendously expensive, hard to find and extremely highly rated and needs booking months in advance. It featured on several tv shows by Rick Stein, Stanley Tucci, etc..
We went for an anniversary dinner. I still feel ambivalent about it.

Another good one but not too expensive is Ca Doro Alla Vedova

Mostly we just wander about having small glasses of wine and cicchetti at the many little bars you find everywhere like
All Arco

You can also find groupon deals for Venetian restaurants. We have used them a few times and never been disappointed..

I hope you don’t mind but I have sent by private message a long detailed set of musings on all things Venetian. It includes bars and restaurants we like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.