Holidays

Thank you for your reply and recommendations. We are staying at the Zozefina Apartments, apparently a downhill walk of about 10 mins to the town. Really looking forward to this holiday. Sounds like a good choice by Mrs Indeedy :)
My pal and his wife stayed at the Zozefina apartments last year. Really rated it and said the couple who ran it were tremendous. Enjoy

I am taking my Campervan to Scotland in August. As a Whisky fan I was thinking of Islay, or maybe a tour of some Highland distilleries. Anyone done that ?
Yes I did about 7 or 8 years ago in a campervan. We did all the distilleries except Bowmore and I think every pub.
There were 4 of us and had a fantastic time with many funny stories to tell.
However Islay isn’t particularly scenic compared to most of the other islands and most of the pubs/bars seemed a bit soulless, the exception being a pub in Port Ellen where all the six fingered locals had a mass fight all around us which was entertaining.
Having said all that, would I go again under the same circumstances?
Definitely.

Thanks, been Villefranche couple times along with Cannes and Monaco so was looking for somewhere different this year
You could try the bus to Vence and St Paul de Vence.
At Vence there is the Matisse chapel which is beautiful.
You might even bump into Richard Madeley or Andrew Neil who have homes there…

Just arrived back from a 17 day sabatical to the Thorpe with temperature highs of 23c, yet landed back in the hills to 13c and rain. How in the realms of sanity can a two hour m62 cross country toddle bring about such different climes.

Because of the feral antics of columba palumbus I regularly woke at dawns early light to trot alone though powdered white sand to a Hippy Memory Bench made of driftwood and detritus, reminicing of days gone bye.

Air pods obligitary for the atmos, with this song a firm favourite to keep limbs moving along in a spritely fashion.

JnV8Y5R.jpg

4PwQ8XJ.jpg

So much kindred beauty on our own shores and shires, and they spoke English.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.