Holidays

Holiday in Afghan. Interesting and informative travelogue.

Probably better than Swansea. I lived in kabul for four years and had a few good piss ups . Don't mind Wales but the people have never really made me feel welcome like the Afghans < Taliban excluded > Ironically I had just read the above post about Swansea and was mulling over which would I prefer and kabul won me over

I am moving to another cottage about a mile from the place I am writing this. It’s stunning, I won’t go on, even though I can sense you implore me to expand.

So with moving and all the high jinks and jolly japes that go along with that, a holiday is not a possibility. Too much to be done.

Although, and here’s the thing, i realise that going to a place you love for pure ages, tops going away for a fucking fortnight. End of,

Although, we are looking to get away in September. Greece hopefully.

Probably better than Swansea. I lived in kabul for four years and had a few good piss ups . Don't mind Wales but the people have never really made me feel welcome like the Afghans < Taliban excluded > Ironically I had just read the above post about Swansea and was mulling over which would I prefer and kabul won me over
If you watch it you will find out the Tabani's are the good-ish guys keeping them safe

Anyone ever had jealous bastard colleagues when it comes to taking annual leave?

Been at my current place a year now and never known a place like it. Seems to be a culture here where those who don't take leave wear it like a badge of honour. We get 27 days plus Bank Holidays and can carry 5 days over, so I make the most of it. Whenever anyone books time off, others are talking about it openly like 'where's he going?', 'you've already been away this year', 'you can't have time off in the holidays if you don't have kids', 'surely you've used all your leave up?'.

Funny thing is, the actual gaffer seems pretty chilled out with you taking leave. I've never had any request denied. I've stopped sharing my plans with anyone as it's usually met with jealousy off several people, usually those in the highest tax bracket let's say, who only go away once a year with the kids. A job to me is a pay cheque and secondary to most other things in my life such as family, football, travel etc.
World is full of pillocks who love being a slave. I get it if people work for themselves or their own business but that lunch is for wimps mentality is bollocks.

Holiday in Afghan. Interesting and informative travelogue.

Interesting video, thanks!
These days i feel a little tired of traveling and planning to spent next couple of weeks at home.'
With the Microsoft teams sms i can work from everywhere in the world and from the beginning of this year i visited already 6 different countries. Not it is time to slow down and enjoy my sweet home.

Last edited:
Anyone here been to Iceland? How did you experience it? I've always wanted to drive round the whole circular route and stop off at various places. Anyone done that sort of thing? Or even just holidayed in Iceland?

Anyone here been to Iceland? How did you experience it? I've always wanted to drive round the whole circular route and stop off at various places. Anyone done that sort of thing? Or even just holidayed in Iceland?
Wifies been and she did some driving around mainly around the west but there's a lot of nothing apparantly, what there is though is pretty spectacular.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.