Holidays

Anyone recommends Hurghada in Egypt ?
we went just south of hurghada November a couple of years ago, makadi bay, I liked it but was dark my 5pm but proper hot by 8, I would deffo go back not so the missus, went with friends and he got the sheets early on and bad stomach cramps, I was ok until I got back and followed thru on the settee after a little fart, hey ho, you live and learn, dont lounge around in just ya boxers after coming back from Egypt,

we went just south of hurghada November a couple of years ago, makadi bay, I liked it but was dark my 5pm but proper hot by 8, I would deffo go back not so the missus, went with friends and he got the sheets early on and bad stomach cramps, I was ok until I got back and followed thru on the settee after a little fart, hey ho, you live and learn, dont lounge around in just ya boxers after coming back from Egypt,
Is there anyone who doesn't get the shits when holidaying in Egypt ? . We went sharm in 2014 and 10 days in we all got the pharaoh's revenge. Never been back

Is there anyone who doesn't get the shits when holidaying in Egypt ? . We went sharm in 2014 and 10 days in we all got the pharaoh's revenge. Never been back
It's the All Inclusives that are the problem. We went to Dahab a few years ago, about an hour north of Sharm. It was a small hotel, b&b, and we ate in local restaurants. Not a hint of dodgy stomach with either of us-unlike the Sharm Hilton AI where I thought I was going to go back to needing nappies!!

Last edited:
Last time I drank at that bar - and admittedly it was over a decade ago so I'm guessing it's now changed going off some of the recent reviews I've read - the draught beer was utterly rank and the cockroaches came out to play in force at night time. Now I know sightings of cockroaches are pretty much the norm in the Canaries but it felt like in that square that they had a penchant for gravitating towards Chispas over all the other bars!

Nothing will top the restaurant we ate at in Puerto Del Carmen a couple of years ago though. We fancied a bit of tapas and there aren't that many of those places in that resort. We came across one that had reasonable enough reviews on Trip Advisor. The other half spotted a roach crawling up the table leg on the empty table next to us. That was bad enough in itself but was completely trumped by the cockroach we spotted running over our food a couple of minutes later. The staff couldn't give less of a fuck if they tried and told us it was our fault for choosing to eat outside. This despite the table we'd seen the first cockroach on being inside the restaurant!

Again, you fully expect to see them crawling around the floor outdoors over there but I've never witnessed seeing them on food up until that point. The OH couldn't get us out of there quick enough but was in such a panic that she paid the full bill!

Last edited:
Last time I drank at that bar - and admittedly it was over a decade ago so I'm guessing it's now changed going off some of the recent reviews I've read - the draught beer was utterly rank and the cockroaches came out to play in force at night time! Now I know sightings of cockroaches are pretty much the norm in the Canaries but it felt like in that square that they had a penchant for gravitating towards Chispas over all the other bars!
It was fine mate, decent pint of Amstel, maybe changed owners since you called?

Always had a single lady behind the bar all of whom were proper on the ball, chatty and really busy.

Anyone recommends Hurghada in Egypt
usually go for a week twice a year over the winter months for a bit of sun and some cheap fags I would avoid the summer months the heats unbearable jaz oasis makadi Bay is a nice place food was good never been to a place that was so clean . Whichever hotel you choose I'd study the reviews very carefully there usually put on by somebody who's got a bit too friendly with the bar staff or entertainment think easyjet are doing some good deals at the moment

Been to makadi Bay and hurghada loved it.
But as a few have said misses got shits everytime.
Are well not all bad I was fine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.