Hollands pies and puds

How do they cook them in the chippy? are they steamed or something?
When you do them at home the crusty goes..well, crusty. But you have a pie from the chippy and its soft

Davs 19 said:
RadcliffeRick said:
Don't tell me Hollands puddings are now crap. I am going back to the UK at Christmas just to have pudding, chips peas and gravy with a barm. May have to change my plans :-(

You will have to change your plans Rick. The pies are fine but Barms don't exist....

Don't tell me they have stopped selling them ;-(

Off to failsworth at 1:00 pm for a pie fest, visit some old friends then have a nosey around the the ground and shop before the game.

Bimbobob, I'm still trying to come up with a comeback for you. Trollop.

RadcliffeRick said:
Davs 19 said:
RadcliffeRick said:
Don't tell me Hollands puddings are now crap. I am going back to the UK at Christmas just to have pudding, chips peas and gravy with a barm. May have to change my plans :-(

You will have to change your plans Rick. The pies are fine but Barms don't exist....

Don't tell me they have stopped selling them ;-(

You can have a Muffin if that helps
;-)

CTID1988 said:
When you do them at home the crusty goes..well, crusty. But you have a pie from the chippy and its soft

Yeah I don't like them as much when they are crusty from my own oven.
I put it down to them being kept in a warmer at the chippy.

SteWadda said:
CTID1988 said:

Yeah I don't like them as much when they are crusty from my own oven.
I put it down to them being kept in a warmer at the chippy.
Perfect for when you've been on the ale and can't be mithered chewing the crust

Barcon said:
Where are they all hiding? I'm staying at the Macdonald hotel on London rd and am in desperate need of a proper chippy. Any one know where the nearest one is?
If your staying there again there's a chippy on the parade on Brunswick St. Ardwick called the Brunswick chippy. If you walk out the hotel do a left and up the road to the roundabout where the Carling Apollo is and then do a right down the side of the petrol station and its just on the right after the doctors. Good chippy with Hollands pies, nice chips and big portions!

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Barcon said:
Where are they all hiding? I'm staying at the Macdonald hotel on London rd and am in desperate need of a proper chippy. Any one know where the nearest one is?
If your staying there again there's a chippy on the parade on Brunswick St. Ardwick called the Brunswick chippy. If you walk out the hotel do a left and up the road to the roundabout where the Carling Apollo is and then do a right down the side of the petrol station and its just on the right after the doctors. Good chippy with Hollands pies, nice chips and big portions!
Is the doctors next to the chippy for a reason?

CTID1988 said:

In decent, busy chippies pies are baked (as they should be) and kept warm so they have firm crust. But the shitter, less busy chippies will microwave one for you. Never accept a pie where they tell you it will be a few minutes. They come out soft, soggy and flat.

Puddings in a chippy are usually steamed and that's why they are lovely. They are supposed to be soft and wobbly. Microwave one of those and it isn't the same.

The best pies are freshly baked and haven't sat around too long. The best puddings are freshly steamed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.