Honest answers please

I just think that those who attended every home match (or purchased tickets) should have been taken in to consideration when the criteria was announced for the final.

I would imagine there would have only been a few thousand who have been to EVERY home game this season.

Impeccable said:
libertinejack said:
What about the people who've had a season ticket for god knows how many years, but haven't for one reason or another been to many (if any) cup games this season? Maybe its worth investing in one, especially with such great times ahead... : )

I've had a season ticket for many seasons, pal.

How many points are you on, pal?

this ties in with what i was saying a couple of months back...i have fallen foul of this in the past, where i attended all the lower league cup games then when it came to get a ticket against blackburn i couldnt get one

i suggested that the cup matches should have a season long loyalty scheme, this way it directly rewards those that have attended the lower league games that season and not over many seasons

forevermancity said:
Regardless of weather people went to the cup games or not, those who have tickets for the final, by large, deserve it more than those who don't.

My mate didn't go to the cup games, but has been with me to all but 1 away this season. So should someone who went to the cup games deserve a ticket ahead of him? No chance

Yes actually. It is the final tie of the FA Cup Knockout Competition. Those who couldn't give a toss in earlier rounds should have been down the pecking order. The Europa League, Carling Cup and FA Cup should have been treated as a complete package by the club. Attendance to those combined should have been taken into consideration.

Those with a high points total would still have got one.<br /><br />-- Thu May 05, 2011 2:04 pm --<br /><br />
libertinejack said:
Impeccable said:
I've had a season ticket for many seasons, pal.

How many points are you on, pal?

I have a final ticket.

Been to no cup games.
2 home league game
4 away games

I am a member of the cup direct scheme. Ive had a season ticket for 23 years (im 29). I have well over 5000 points so easily qualified.

Havent been to as many games as I would have liked as I work abroad and have stuggled getting home for games this season. Ive spent a small fortune on flights to attend the matches I have been to. I paid for the cup direct tickets to ensure I would be able to sit with my dad and brother who are also in the scheme. I kept the season ticket for the same reason.

What I find disgusting about the whole process is our average home gate is 45,886 and Stoke's is 26,780 if my maths is correct ( and I have had a beer as off work today ) makes 72,666 which should have been the allocation to the clubs in direct proportion to the average home gate which would still have left 7,334 for the tossers at the FA to sell to the highest bidder or to to hand out to their mates which IMO is more than enough.

Impeccable said:
There were some poor attendances for the home cup games this season... yet most of those who couldn't be bothered in early rounds still have a final ticket.

How many of you didn't attend cup games, knowing that if we reached a final you would have enough loyalty points, regardless?

And if the club had announced that cup final tickets would firstly be tagged to people who actually attended cup games, would this have made you attend, knowing your points alone wouldn't have been sufficient.

I incidentally, missed out on ticket, despite attending EVERY home match in EVERY competition this season. And I find that a tad unfair.
Totally agree. Although any system is never going to be fair for everyone. I managed to get a ticket on 3715 points on the same day as the cup schemers could. I was also in the cup scheme and attended every game.
I think next year the club should introduce a cup scheme where points are issued for each game attended home and away and split into the 3 different cup competitions and then these points (should we get to Wembley again ) should be used as priority somehow.
I too know people who have a final ticket but have hardly been this season they have 4000 points+ from years gone by. That isnt fair on newer loyal fans. As i say though, not everyone is going to be happy with whatever the club do.The amount of tickets going to corporates makes my frikkin blood boil but the FA know they will always get away with it.

Impeccable said:
I just think that those who attended every home match (or purchased tickets) should have been taken in to consideration when the criteria was announced for the final.

I would imagine there would have only been a few thousand who have been to EVERY home game this season.

You were taken into consideration – you received loyalty points for those games – and actually received a hell of a lot of a points for those games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.