Honest answers please

Loyalty points have 2 purposes:

1: to determine an allocation structure for sought after tickets and:
2: as a merketing tool to generate sales in weak markets.

It has nothing to do with how much you spend etc. Look at the extra points offerred for some "unnatractive" games this season and consider the ompact on the CDS for next season. The club have generated advanced sales of games that people would otherwise have chosen ot to attend. Loyalty is an emotive word, also used by supermarkets and others but is really all about the bottom line.

It might be a bit cynical but football is a business. CTID!

Someone told me that at a recent Points of Blue Meeting they were told that 6,000 season ticket holders had not attended any home cup games this season.

If true, that is a f**king disgrace.

bluesince1969 said:
pointless thread imo

Pointless contribution<br /><br />-- Thu May 05, 2011 2:41 pm --<br /><br />I sincerely hope that next season the club announces that attendance to cup matches will be taken into account in the event of reaching a final.

Forget discount prices - actual attendance. Have a funny feeling the attendances would suddenly be a lot higher.

Ive got a final ticket

ST Holder for 14 years

Totally couldnt be arsed with going to the leicester or notts county home games (or the villa one for that matter) Only went to the Reading and Keiv games to get my loyalty points total up.

Absolutly no sympathy for any one who attended all cup games and didnt get a ticket, the point system is the fairest way of dealing with this situation and if you had enough points, you got a ticket simple as.

Impeccable said:
There were some poor attendances for the home cup games this season... yet most of those who couldn't be bothered in early rounds still have a final ticket.

How many of you didn't attend cup games, knowing that if we reached a final you would have enough loyalty points, regardless?

And if the club had announced that cup final tickets would firstly be tagged to people who actually attended cup games, would this have made you attend, knowing your points alone wouldn't have been sufficient.

I incidentally, missed out on ticket, despite attending EVERY home match in EVERY competition this season. And I find that a tad unfair.

Guilty as charged!!!!!

Been to the Kiev game and the early Europa qualifier....

was working for a couple of the domestic cups games, (my choice and could have got there if i wanted to) and just couldent be arsed for the rest of them exept one as i was away on my holls.......

I did however go to York on a wet windy midweek, Grimsby on a cold Saturday, Gillingham in the baking sun, cracked of the police at Barnsley, 14 hour round trip to Norwich and Ipswich in a death trap bus
taxi back from oxford, after filling the minibus with petrol instead of derv on a pompy away, with the guys wanting to kill me for it.

I have threw my money down for the club at the start of every year for the last 13 years, ok may not be a big deal now we have cash, but it was well and truly needed in the not too distant past

I have paid £28 a goal in the season under Pearce, when we scored only 10 home league goals

Don’t get me wrong,,, loved every minute of it, but I don’t think that my 13 years season ticket holder should be overlooked for someone who went 4 cup games....

I agree that those in the CDS should have got an advantage of sought...(just like thay have)....maybe that where you went wrong, perhaps you should have showed your loyalty to the club by committing to the CDS at the start of the season...

If was told prier to season that the loyalty points was being scraped, and that my points I have built up over 13 years would come 2nd to someone that goes to 4 cup games and or joins the CDS, Then I would have joined the CDS and still probably not have gone to the games........

The club need to let people know what their intentions are for the future, as I can see 27K plus joining the CDS next year, especially the people at the lower end of the points scale, and then there will be the problem that there still will not be enough tickets for everyone on it.

And I wouldn’t like to be the one who tells our kid with 8K points, who has not missed a game home away, cup and league for 11 years he can’t go to a final coz he don’t have a bank account, or just stubinlley refuses to join the CDS

I ask you a question in return!!! If the club would have announced that by joining the CDS you would be guaranteed ticket, would you have done at the start of the season.....

Guessing your answer would be the same as mine, as its the only logical one...

cyclops said:
Someone told me that at a recent Points of Blue Meeting they were told that 6,000 season ticket holders had not attended any home cup games this season.

If true, that is a f**king disgrace.

My point entirely. It's embarrassing.<br /><br />-- Thu May 05, 2011 2:49 pm --<br /><br />
blingy said:
Impeccable said:
There were some poor attendances for the home cup games this season... yet most of those who couldn't be bothered in early rounds still have a final ticket.

How many of you didn't attend cup games, knowing that if we reached a final you would have enough loyalty points, regardless?

And if the club had announced that cup final tickets would firstly be tagged to people who actually attended cup games, would this have made you attend, knowing your points alone wouldn't have been sufficient.

I incidentally, missed out on ticket, despite attending EVERY home match in EVERY competition this season. And I find that a tad unfair.

Guilty as charged!!!!!

Been to the Kiev game and the early Europa qualifier....

was working for a couple of the domestic cups games, (my choice and could have got there if i wanted to) and just couldent be arsed for the rest of them exept one as i was away on my holls.......

I did however go to York on a wet windy midweek, Grimsby on a cold Saturday, Gillingham in the baking sun, cracked of the police at Barnsley, 14 hour round trip to Norwich and Ipswich in a death trap bus
taxi back from oxford, after filling the minibus with petrol instead of derv on a pompy away, with the guys wanting to kill me for it.

I have threw my money down for the club at the start of every year for the last 13 years, ok may not be a big deal now we have cash, but it was well and truly needed in the not too distant past

I have paid £28 a goal in the season under Pearce, when we scored only 10 home league goals

Don’t get me wrong,,, loved every minute of it, but I don’t think that my 13 years season ticket holder should be overlooked for someone who went 4 cup games....

I agree that those in the CDS should have got an advantage of sought...(just like thay have)....maybe that where you went wrong, perhaps you should have showed your loyalty to the club by committing to the CDS at the start of the season...

If was told prier to season that the loyalty points was being scraped, and that my points I have built up over 13 years would come 2nd to someone that goes to 4 cup games and or joins the CDS, Then I would have joined the CDS and still probably not have gone to the games........

The club need to let people know what their intentions are for the future, as I can see 27K plus joining the CDS next year, especially the people at the lower end of the points scale, and then there will be the problem that there still will not be enough tickets for everyone on it.

And I wouldn’t like to be the one who tells our kid with 8K points, who has not missed a game home away, cup and league for 11 years he can’t go to a final coz he don’t have a bank account, or just stubinlley refuses to join the CDS

I ask you a question in return!!! If the club would have announced that by joining the CDS you would be guaranteed ticket, would you have done at the start of the season.....

Guessing your answer would be the same as mine, as its the only logical one...

I am not talking about 4 games!!!!! I am talking about people who have a seasoncard who also paid extra to watch additional matches when others couldn't give a toss. I don't think that someone who only went to 4 cup matches deserve to be anywhere near a City match.

I have been fortunate enough to have been able to attend twenty three matches on top of all the home games this season. These included FA cup home and away ties plus all of the home Europa matches and Premier League away matches.

Recent seasons have been similar to this regarding my attendance.

I was not in Cup Direct as this is not what it should be all about. If you support your team, you should try to be there whether they are playing a meaningless end of season fixture or an early round of a Cup tournament – And NOT ONLY the FINAL.

I realise it is not possible for many to get to all the games they would like because of either family commitments or financial restraints.

We have all had times such as these in our lives and at such times we have to give way to those who have been able to show their active support and commitment to the club.

Derek Summers said:
I have been fortunate enough to have been able to attend twenty three matches on top of all the home games this season. These included FA cup home and away ties plus all of the home Europa matches and Premier League away matches.

Recent seasons have been similar to this regarding my attendance.

I was not in Cup Direct as this is not what it should be all about. If you support your team, you should try to be there whether they are playing a meaningless end of season fixture or an early round of a Cup tournament – And NOT ONLY the FINAL.

I realise it is not possible for many to get to all the games they would like because of either family commitments or financial restraints.

We have all had times such as these in our lives and at such times we have to give way to those who have been able to show their active support and commitment to the club.

Exactly this

loyalty = points= prizes=cup final ticket
the ones with s/c and points got the ticket=thats how its always been
albeit occasional person misses out for unlucky reasons.

i think the points for each game should be stipulated at beginning of season.local derbies and oversubscribed games should get 10 pts, cup games 20pts,away games 30/40 pts depending depending on distance /costs.overseas games 40/50 pts.all live televised games should get extra 5pts if you attend.extra points given at end of season for those attending a certain percentage of the games perhaps on a sliding scale.

Only attended 3 cup games this season due to looking after little one ( night games)
Had season ticket/card since 89/90 season so I think I deserve at ticket (which I have by the way) but must admit feel sorry for the guys and gals who missed out even though they probaly attended 90% of the cup games

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.