Honestly who is/was better?

Blue Blood CTID said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
DTeacher said:
Be fair, GDM.

You must agree that Silva's contribution might not be as obvious (or fruitful) if he played in the team Kinkladze did. That's why I feel it is unfair to attempt such crass comparisons.

I also don't believe that you were being singled out - most of the criticism appeared to be levelled at others, who were demeaning Kinkladze's efforts for City.

I was well aware that others' comments were more 'robust' than mine and therefore more likely to be the target of the original comments. I will admit
that the 'loyalty of cats' comment did 'touch a nerve' because when all's said and done the fans are what sustain a club, not players that come for a few years and then fuck off to pastures new.

I accept your comments above about them being in same team, but I repeat my earlier comments that he wasn't good enough for our current squad as his career after City bears out. On that basis any comparisons with Silva are, ridiculous imo.

-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:12 pm --

franksinatra said:
I would suggest there is fuck all wrong with Kinkladzes goal against Southampton but still its come under scrutiny from the bashers, are is this an example of the robust debate the pro-kinkladze lobby are sensitive about?

It was a great goal.

I didn't mean to offend you or anyone personally for the "Loyalty of a cat" comment. In hindsight, maybe not the greatest of comments I could of made. I will never get my head around blues having a go at him but I don't want to wind anyone up, were all blues at the end of the day and this is the greatest team I have seen in my lifetime, so let the good times roll.

Fair play, mate - and yes we are all blues.

I think my reaction, as much as anything else, stems from the fact that I can't fucking stand cats ;-)

As you say, let the good times roll.

There seems no way of putting this truly futile "debate" to death, and there has this day been another attempt to start yet another thread on this, which seems to have been ended by the moderators.

Whatever the rights and the wrongs of the issue, it seems to be the pro-Kinkladze faction who continually start this up.

Contrary to the assertion of a more reasonable and balanced member of the faction, there have been many assertions that Kinkladze was more skilful, perhaps much more skilful, than Silva, and certainly much better to watch. It is not true that the only demeaning comments have been about Kinkladze, there have been plenty about Silva - either directly or by inference.

But why bother about Silva? I know of Kinkladze largely from the assertions in this forum. From these I learn that Kinkladze was at least as skilful as Messi, Maradona, CRonaldo etc.etc., if not more so.

In fact he must go down in history as the most remarkable footballer ever in the history not just of Man.City but of football in England, Europe, and the World, if not in "Life,the Universe etc.etc."

He is remarkable in that he is either the most underrated footballer ever, and by a long way - or that he the greatest underachiever.

Let's compare Kinkladze not with Messi, Maradona etc, let alone the vastly inferior Silva.

Let's compare him instead with his Georgian compatriot and contemporary, Shota Arveladze. Although he never played in the EPL, Arveladze's overall record was much better than Kinkladze. He has been described as the best Georgian player by Georgian professional footballers.

If Kinkladze had the talent of Messi, Maradona etc., what might Arveladze have possessed?

Enough , 1 guy 7 goals in a shit team 3 of the goals at a push where top draw whilst the other scores 2 goals all season 1 off his backside and as a team full of quality round him , but he won a world cup on the bench granted

people who dont think the kinkladze of his debut season wouldnt get into r current team must watch a different game to me.

Kinky was an amazing talent and I can recall countless times in match after match when he would get the ball and look for players to pass to and there was little on offer. He would go on great dribbles but ,even when he took two 2 or more players with him ,somehow his teammates still couldnt find space.

The rest of the team were just never on the same wavelength.He was a magnificent footballer and if he was with us now he would shine very brightly as a true star.There is bound to be conjecture about whether he would do enough work for the team and I couldnt say for sure but I think with a good manager it would work.

As good as Silva? Probably not, even if he did have better and magical dribbling skills. Such a great shame he was around at the wrong time.

Adebayor said:
mix Kinky's dribbling, ali B's passing, and Milner's work rate and you'd get something close..... but not that close! SILVA

Millner work rate is untouchable

MCFC OK

route46 said:
people who dont think the kinkladze of his debut season wouldnt get into r current team must watch a different game to me.
But that's not the point of the "debate". It's not whether or not Kinkladze could get into the current team. It's "Honestly who is/was better?" between Kinkladze and Silva

And I could say that anyone who thinks that Silva is an inferior player to Kinkladze must either be a genius of football appreciation, whose appreciation of the game is on a completely different level to that of even the greatest footballers - or else is someone who is talking nonsense because of an understandable loyalty to a past Man.City legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.