Honestly who is/was better?

franksinatra said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Happy Feet said:
Summed up perfectly.

This all day long........

I think somebody compared this to ali/tyson debate, absolute garbage!!!!

Iniesta/Silva yes, but Kinkladze/Silva not in a million years. Kinkladze was an average prem player at the very best, probably a decent championship player in all reality. Its absolutely mind boggling how some of you regard him so highly and are comparing him with Silva. I want what some of you lot are smoking, it might make work go about quicker.

Where has anyone said he is as good a player as Silva?

The players are compared because they both posess mesmering skills and the ability to produce flashes out of the brilliance, others players are not capable of.

Decent championship player...priceless

The title of the thread is "Honestly who is/was better?" maybe you should read before posting.

To ask who's better out of Silva and Kinkladze is as somebody else as already said, like asking who's better out of Goater and Aguero. Kinkladze left City to move onto bigger and better things at Ajax and managed just 12 appearances in 2 years without ever scoring and yet still some of you are comparing him to Silva, it really really is astonishing how deluded some people are about Kinkladze.

Blue Blood CTID said:
franksinatra said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

Iniesta/Silva yes, but Kinkladze/Silva not in a million years. Kinkladze was an average prem player at the very best, probably a decent championship player in all reality. Its absolutely mind boggling how some of you regard him so highly and are comparing him with Silva. I want what some of you lot are smoking, it might make work go about quicker.

The players are compared because they both posess mesmering skills and the ability to produce flashes out of the brilliance, others players are not capable of.

Decent championship player... priceless. You beat me to it Frankie boy.! dan.j.mcfc you are a fucking loon of the highest order!

How would he rate Buster Phillips the first ten million pound player?

Manchester premier league?
Tameside sunday league second division?
Pitts second division tuhrday night 5 a side league?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 pm --<br /><br />
dan.j.mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

The title of the thread is "Honestly who is/was better?" maybe you should read before posting.

To ask who's better out of Silva and Kinkladze is as somebody else as already said, like asking who's better out of Goater and Aguero. Kinkladze left City to move onto bigger and better things at Ajax and managed just 12 appearances in 2 years without ever scoring and yet still some of you are comparing him to Silva, it really really is astonishing how deluded some people are about Kinkladze.

And I would agree with you Silva is the better all round player. The thrust of the thread relates to the skill set of the individual players with 99% acknowldeging Silva as the better player.

For me Kinkladze was the best dribbler and the player I would most likely pay to watch, Silva without doubt has better awareness, a better short passing game and an allround greater team ethic.

Those are the comparisons being made but as you think of Kinkladze as a championship player, I guess you wouldnt see the point in the comparions.

franksinatra said:
Blue Blood CTID said:
franksinatra said:

Decent championship player... priceless. You beat me to it Frankie boy.! dan.j.mcfc you are a fucking loon of the highest order!

How would he rate Buster Phillips the first ten million pound player?

Manchester premier league?
Tameside sunday league second division?
Pitts second division tuhrday night 5 a side league?

I think Kinkladze was better than Zinedine fuckin cleverley is now and that cunts playing for the 2nd best team in the country after us! I'm just never sure if people are on the wind up mate :D

So Kinkladze is on the same level as Silva? I think a fair analogy would be to compare Berkovic with Iniesta and if you could genuinely tell me that you could compare the two, then I would take great pleasure in calling you the very highest loon of the very highest order!

That is until you start a Messi/Wright-Phillips thread.

BimboBob said:
Silva and Kinky are different players. Silva is all touch and small passes, little darting runs into space, a little genius.
Kinky on the other hand was more of a dribbler than a passer. But boy what a dribbler. That Southampton goal still gives me goosebumps. The way he drifted past people still sticks in the memory.

Kinky or Silva?

Kinky at the moment due to Silva not having as many class moments.

have you been watching city this season?
silva as had as many class moments this season as kinky did in his whole career at city

dan.j.mcfc said:
So Kinkladze is on the same level as Silva? I think a fair analogy would be to compare Berkovic with Iniesta and if you could genuinely tell me that you could compare the two, then I would take great pleasure in calling you the very highest loon of the very highest order!

I think the comparison is between City players from different generations, with this thread comparing two crowd favourites who were both the creative hub of the team, hence the two city videos.

Silva the better player, Kinkladze i would prefer to watch for his dribbling ability.

dan.j.mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

No it isn't. Goater was a cult hero, he shouldn't have been good but he was - he scored goals that bounced off his arse etc. Kinkladze was a genuine talent.

dan.j.mcfc said:

Have a go at reading my post again, I don't think you have grasped it in all fairness. I said silva was better. I agreed with the Tyson/Ali analogy not out of closeness between the two fighters. I think Ali would have spanked Tyson 9 times out of ten. It was a comparison I agreed with because of how Tyson could blow you away (a bit like Kinky), but Ali fought better fighters at a higher level and was much more classier ( a bit like silva). I then when on to say that Silva was better. You see?

You have misinterpreted what I have said mate, it's no problem though. You actually stated that Kinkladze was just a decent championship player. Here lies the difference pal.

dan.j.mcfc said:
franksinatra said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

Perhaps it might be an idea to look further into why he only made 12 appearances for Ajax rather than claiming he was no more that a "decent championship player" (This despite him impressing against many teams far better than us in the Premier League season of 95-96). It's fair to say that there were some mitigating circumstances as to why he didn't make an impact at Ajax:

Following transfer negotiations which had been ongoing in the final months of the season, Kinkladze left Manchester City for Dutch club Ajax for £5 million.[19] The move brought a reunion with Shota Arveladze, with whom he shared a house in Amsterdam.[49] However, Kinkladze's spell at Ajax proved unsuccessful. He was originally signed as a replacement for Jari Litmanen, but Litmanen stayed at Ajax as his proposed move to Barcelona fell through. As a result, Kinkladze played in an unfamiliar left-wing position.[50] His league debut for Ajax came in a 2–0 win against Willem II on 23 August 1998,[49] but starts were a rare occurrence. To compound matters, manager Morten Olsen was sacked early in the season, and a disagreement with replacement Jan Wouters resulted in Kinkladze losing his place in the team,[51][52] with Richard Knopper the preferred backup for Litmanen.[53] "I could have been Maradona and he wouldn't have changed the system to accommodate me", Kinkladze recalled later. "I wasn't playing football and that made my life hell."[50] He immediately started to look elsewhere. Several English top-flight clubs showed interest in signing him, but were discouraged by work permit issues. His lack of regular playing time also resulted in him losing his place in the Georgian national team.[52][54] Having failed to established himself in the first team and struggling with a succession of injuries, he made just 12 appearances for Ajax in his first season.[53]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.