Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Th
I was at Goodison for that one, and it was a real battle after the game.

The buses back to Lime St were all lined up on Walton Lane, and you had to literally fight for your life to get to them!

Once you got to the pavement side, battered and bloody, you were then greeted by our friends from Merseyside Police, who had been stood there all along, letting everything happen!

We then had to rip the seats up on the bus and put them up against the windows as the bricks rained down!

A massive relief to get that train home!

Those were the days!
They were mate

The buses back to Lime St were all lined up on Walton Lane, and you had to literally fight for your life to get to them!

Once you got to the pavement side, battered and bloody, you were then greeted by our friends from Merseyside Police, who had been stood there all along, letting everything happen!

We then had to rip the seats up on the bus and put them up against the windows as the bricks rained down!

Those were the days!
I went to the league cup tie ‘87? absolute carnage before and after, we had a huge following one of if not the worst nights of violence i’ve ever seen following city

I remember Sheffield United away mid 80s when the miners strikes were on, city fans singing get to work you lazy twats and Arthur Scargill what a wanker, the 2nd song nearly caused a riot as 3 sides all rose as one !!! Kept in after the game for what seemed an eternity whilst Sheffield constabulary tried in vain to clear the hordes of angry Yorkshire folk and then subjected to a battering anyway by riot shields and batons by the not too happy police !!!!!

Those were the days!
I remember that day well, the most scared I have ever been in a football game.

Chaos everywhere and serious trouble, we managed to get to Lime Street and what we thought was safety, then all hell broke lose there, even the train got bricked pulling out of the station.

Never so happy to get back to Manchester, there were a lot of Manchester Police on the train and even they were shit scared!

I remember that day well, the most scared I have ever been in a football game.

Chaos everywhere and serious trouble, we managed to get to Lime Street and what we thought was safety, then all hell broke lose there, even the train got bricked pulling out of the station.

Never so happy to get back to Manchester, there were a lot of Manchester Police on the train and even they were shit scared!
was that the game where it was a torrent after the match,pissing down with people fighting everywhere.If it was,our train was from edge hill not lime street, the bus convey back getting bricked with everyone on the doorsteps lobbing things,even old women !

I remember Sheffield United away mid 80s when the miners strikes were on, city fans singing get to work you lazy twats and Arthur Scargill what a wanker, the 2nd song nearly caused a riot as 3 sides all rose as one !!! Kept in after the game for what seemed an eternity whilst Sheffield constabulary tried in vain to clear the hordes of angry Yorkshire folk and then subjected to a battering anyway by riot shields and batons by the not too happy police !!!!!
Who was at Sheffield U in 74? when a huge battle broke out on their end.

It was like an explosion at Pilkingtons glass factory !!

City fans had a chain going passing creates of bottles up from a bar at the back/ bottom of the stand.

Loads laid out pitch side and claret every where

Burnley away in the mid 70's, maybe '75 was lively, lots of blood on fans being walked around the pitch all game.

A mention too for a Middlesbrough game at home about the same time early on where both us & them had a coming together in the open corner between the Kippax & North stand.

Burnley away in the mid 70's, maybe '75 was lively, lots of blood on fans being walked around the pitch all game.

A mention too for a Middlesbrough game at home about the same time early on where both us & them had a coming together in the open corner between the Kippax & North stand.
Burnley was rough as fuck, under that roof on the Longside you couldn't see the bottles & bricks flying across the divide due to the darkness under the roof. A few years later they put netting up.

I seem to remember the game against Sunderland when my mate scored against us in December 1981 and we lost 2-3. After the game It all kicked off in the surrounding streets and we had to walk the long way round to get to Acome Street where we always parked our car back then to avoid all the scrapping.

For a bit of nostagia, and a rendition of "You'll never walk alone" can't tell if its us singing it or the Mackems. TBH I still can't believe we didn't win that game:

I was at that game, remember Venison with his goal right near the end and running like mad, don’t remember any trouble though, probably because I’d be off at the final whistle and would bomb it to the PR bus depot and on the first bus that got me to Wythenshawe.

Fuckin loved football back then, fuckin hated the trouble though, seemed even a skinny little kid like me was ‘fair game’ for many supporters to make themselves feel big.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.