Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

I used to live up Ridge Hill mid 80's to 89 . All the time I was there i still boozed in Ashton.
Only found out after i moved it was a City pub,i then heard a few years later utd attacked it on a derby day morning,twatting everyone inside,kids,old blokes every one etc
normal for them cunts

It was a big day out for Barnsley that day, you’d think they’d have tried just enjoying the occasion instead of lobbing their bus fare home at you.
Barnsley, bloody Barnsley, they probably put a shift down pit before walking to City and then walking back..those coins were for miners...aye bloody disgrace .

Rest in peace Bulldog. A couple of memories of him. One was Chesterfield away in the league cup. I was sat in Benchill chilling when some lads I knew talked me into going so off I went but I had no ticket. Got to Piccadilly train station, walked up to the first Blue I saw and asked if he had a spare and he did. It fair spooked him out he was like, "How did you know i had a spare ticket??" Anyway Bulldog was on the train I remember some younger lads with him singing Bulldog is our leader and him laughing telling them to fuck off.

Second story is none football related. I was with my cousin in a pub on Oxford road one afternoon. Not sure of the name but it was next door to one of those amusement arcades. Two couples were in there and one lad started on his girlfriend. When the barman tried stopping it both lads started on him. Suddenly four lads ran from nowhere and sorted them both out and I recognised one of them was Bulldog. Seened he knew the barman and he'd helped Bulldog out in the past so he was returning the favour. Great character from back in the day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.