Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

CCTV started to slow it down and then membership schemes etc

plus Omega etc
Fair enough mate, it's just an age thing for me as I didn't attend many games in the 70's being a little kid so have only seen footage.
Seen some serious violence in the 80's following City and at Chesterfield games. People probably don't think Chesterfield was a place where hooliganism existed but there's been some proper battles over the years, Sheff utd, Sunderland, Middlesborough, Oldham, Bolton, Grimsby, Northampton to name some

Fair enough mate, it's just an age thing for me as I didn't attend many games in the 70's being a little kid so have only seen footage.
Seen some serious violence in the 80's following City and at Chesterfield games. People probably don't think Chesterfield was a place where hooliganism existed but there's been some proper battles over the years, Sheff utd, Sunderland, Middlesborough, Oldham, Bolton, Grimsby, Northampton to name some
I was at Chesterfield v Stockport for some reason in a playoffs game back in about 91.
Running battles outside after, seemed to go on for ages.
Rum town was Chesterfield then.
CBS !!

was the Chesterfield game the late 70's match or the more recent one with Pearce in charge, with our deadly strikeforce of Corradi and Samaras, lol

It was the 70's one I think Kiddo scored for us. I remember it well for a blonde gorgeous policewoman who was stood on the touchline in front of the City fans and was subjected to lots of tasty songs as you can imagine. Her inspector took pity on her and moved her for the second half. Also one horrible old copper on a horse outside the station as we waited to get put on the train. He was crushing us with his horse and slagging us off to get a reaction. The game was pretty forgettable.

For me, the 70’s was just one big ‘free for all’, the 80’s was just more sneakier and a bit more organised and on a smaller scale (because it had to be) , not to say it still wasn’t bad mate lol, I saw enough of it.

I was at Chesterfield v Stockport for some reason in a playoffs game back in about 91.
CBS !!
Been there with Doncaster many times and always well up for it . They even took the Kop at donny in which my brother got stabbed with screwdriver . Stockport was another naughty place aswell .

CBS !!

Ys mate,

CBS !!
Yes mate, some top lads bitd at Chesterfield

They were all dressed like it was the 70's

The land that time forgot. I shit myself though that day. Bolton got mullered.
Absolutely mate, donkey jackets and boots. Was that Bolton game mid eighties, that was a big battle if it was the same game, there's footage on you tube with Bolton in the Chesterfield end, and a bit of mither

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.