Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Yeah we had a shit load of trouble at Villa away one midweek night game . West Midlands plod greeted us with truncheons as soon as we got off the train . Pretty sure the West Midlands police were investigated during the late 80s for their thuggery ? Horrible bastards !!!
Me and my mate went to wolves away it was a Sunday game and couldn't get in a couple of pubs as we had away tickets so decided to go shop and got 4 cans each and sat on the wall drinking them not bothering anyone and the plod came over in a van 2 dibble got out asked who we supporting and told them city and then took cans off us and poured the cans down the drain and got back in the van,the thing that really wound me up was the **** smiling as he was doing it...

Me and my mate went to wolves away it was a Sunday game and couldn't get in a couple of pubs as we had away tickets so decided to go shop and got 4 cans each and sat on the wall drinking them not bothering anyone and the plod came over in a van 2 dibble got out asked who we supporting and told them city and then took cans off us and poured the cans down the drain and got back in the van,the thing that really wound me up was the **** smiling as he was doing it...
You were lucky pal , West Midlands police either arrested you for fuck all or beat you up with truncheons fists or a kicking back then . I’m sure there is a tv documentary about them how they “policed” away fans during the 80s ……

Wolves subway firm notorious then , they ambushed us on way back to the train station from Molineux then bricked the train as it left the station………

You were lucky pal , West Midlands police either arrested you for fuck all or beat you up with truncheons fists or a kicking back then . I’m sure there is a tv documentary about them how they “policed” away fans during the 80s ……

Wolves subway firm notorious then , they ambushed us on way back to the train station from Molineux then bricked the train as it left the station………
Standard.

So much went on it was mental,we had 100s of lads then who went everywhere, not many could say that,big teams had big turnouts but we always turned up. Still good mates with loads of that lot now, greatest times of my life, scary or not! Madness at places like grimsby and Walsall! Up the Blues.
Grimsby… what a fantastic away day that was

Behind the Leeds Kop,87/88 season there were British Movement recruitment stalls lined up for the fans
I,...as a very naive West Indian Teenager had travelled up alone,by coach,from Noftingham..without a match ticket,....desperate to see the Blues...it was only my 3rd ever away match.id been to Leeds before for Record Fairs so I thought ,a footy match no problem.......

I survived.....City lost 1nil.Peter Swann I think scored for them,header from a corner.

Different days back then .indeed.
Are you a lawyer? Used to be a lawyer from Nottingham used to travel all over watching City

Grimsby… what a fantastic away day that was
Please tell me you can remember a City fan in a beer garden up there who used to sing city songs in an operatic voice.
We nick named him Pavarotti. He had ginger hair.
I might be thinking of a later year than you.
This was in the 90s

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.