Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

It was the cup match when we lost to Blackpool and city had half the scratching sheds and half the kop,the roof was getting dismantled in the east paddock and was getting thrown in to the blackpool section,it kicked off at half time as well when city fans ran at the west paddock,I was only 14 but I must say I did enjoy watching it...
Wasn’t the cover of this taken from Blackpool game?
1673300131753.jpeg

Think it was called The British Bulldog wasn’t it?

We were queuing up to get in Elland Road one time in the ‘80s and a Leeds fan was wandering up and down the queue trying to sell copies. I said to a copper… Are you gonna let that prick do that? Can’t remember his exact words but it was along the lines of… He can do what he wants in England.
Behind the Leeds Kop,87/88 season there were British Movement recruitment stalls lined up for the fans
I,...as a very naive West Indian Teenager had travelled up alone,by coach,from Noftingham..without a match ticket,....desperate to see the Blues...it was only my 3rd ever away match.id been to Leeds before for Record Fairs so I thought ,a footy match no problem.......

I survived.....City lost 1nil.Peter Swann I think scored for them,header from a corner.

Different days back then .indeed.

Last edited:
Behind the Leeds pop,87/88 season there were British Movement recruitment stalls lined up for the fan.s.
I,as a very naive West Indian Teenager had travelled up alone,by coach,from Noftingham..without a match ticket,....desperate to see the Blues...it was only my 3rd ever away match.id been to Leeds before for Record Fairs so I thought ,a footy match no problem.......

I survived.....City lost 1nil.Peter Swan I think scored for them,header from a corner.

Different days back then .indeed.
A second class return from noftingham please tunes make you breathe more easily

Not sure about breathing easily mate
My heart was pounding all day at Elland rd.
Glad you got out okay mate. Leeds were the most racist lot by the chants they sang of any away I was at. By that time mid/late 80's City used to take huge mobs to Leeds. Got arrested there one year, released from custody at 1.00 AM, cunts.

Glad you got out okay mate. Leeds were the most racist lot by the chants they sang of any away I was at. By that time mid/late 80's City used to take huge mobs to Leeds. Got arrested there one year, released from custody at 1.00 AM, cunts.
I stood on their kop that day...like I said.i was naive...
To see Mel Machins young Blues take on Leeds utd.
The whole day was an experience....
I've been back to Elland rd since many many times,drunk all round their City centre,bin in the Peacock pub a few times,done the dicey walk back under the subway and through the park loads of times...
But that first match.in 87..on me Todd
Wow..

Here is one for a laff , the days when Brian Horton was manager ………..
Coventry City away . Our lot went down in a hired minibus , usual array of alcohol and spirit consumption down the M6 . Park up at the designated car park near the ground and a few of lads were desperate for a piss so behind the mini bus they go . Next thing plod swoop from nowhere and arrest said lads and cart them off to Coventry nick . Rest of us all fuming at the antics of the notorious West Midlands police who were desperate for a fight eventually trundled off to the ground . City were shite and got hammered 4 nil . Gets back to the mini bus and went to Coventry nick to get arrested lads who had spent the afternoon locked up for having a piss and all were charged then released when we got there and had to go back there for a court appearance a month later . Fucking scandalous, West Midlands police were the worst by far back then .

Here is one for a laff , the days when Brian Horton was manager ………..
Coventry City away . Our lot went down in a hired minibus , usual array of alcohol and spirit consumption down the M6 . Park up at the designated car park near the ground and a few of lads were desperate for a piss so behind the mini bus they go . Next thing plod swoop from nowhere and arrest said lads and cart them off to Coventry nick . Rest of us all fuming at the antics of the notorious West Midlands police who were desperate for a fight eventually trundled off to the ground . City were shite and got hammered 4 nil . Gets back to the mini bus and went to Coventry nick to get arrested lads who had spent the afternoon locked up for having a piss and all were charged then released when we got there and had to go back there for a court appearance a month later . Fucking scandalous, West Midlands police were the worst by far back then .

The only two times I’ve seen the plod totally lose their collective shit at football was the Blackpool cup game that been recently discussed on this thread and the WMP at Villa, the day after the poll tax riots, when City were having a bit of a giggle at their colleagues taking a bit of a shoeing down that London.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.