Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

Barnsley at home FA Cup.....at the end of the game after all the coin throwing etc..City trying to drag a Barnsley fan over the wall at the Kippax near the exit ..would have ended badly...old bloke walking out next to me..i thought he was going to start moan about youth of today etc..he just shouted ''drag the c*nt over'' Loads of pubs got done in around Hyde, Ashton Rd etc as Barnsley made the way to south Manc..Went off everywhere that day
Oakwell wasn't for the faint hearted either, them Barnsley fans never worked out if they were the little brothers to Leeds or Sheffield, so they acted up as if they were as big as both. Never forget one game where it kicked off and all the little hot dog carts around the ground were all tipped over amongst the scrapping. Mounted copper took me out with a whack to the back of the head as he charged past. If I remember rightly there were fans going over the wall instead of paying to get in as well. (PS. I was about thirteen and got that whack for being there not what I had done, Those Barnsley Miners (With an E) were a bit big for me back then)

Oakwell wasn't for the faint hearted either, them Barnsley fans never worked out if they were the little brothers to Leeds or Sheffield, so they acted up as if they were as big as both. Never forget one game where it kicked off and all the little hot dog carts around the ground were all tipped over amongst the scrapping. Mounted copper took me out with a whack to the back of the head as he charged past. If I remember rightly there were fans going over the wall instead of paying to get in as well. (PS. I was about thirteen and got that whack for being there not what I had done, Those Barnsley Miners (With an E) were a bit big for me back then)
Yep we had our Bradford Colliery and Moston Pits shut a bit too early to take advantage of our East Manc brawn against the 'Tykes'!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.