Hooliganism and Violence Maine Road 80's/early 90's

After the game Cardiff came up a street by a petroleum station opposite the City coaches. City charged and they ran off.
That was some day that started early and carried on all day.
Tried to park up on a street and was told if you leave it here i will torch it you english bastards.
1st pub we went in was told fuck off we dont serve the English.
Ended up in a pub by the castle saw cardiff chasing and bottling the city coaches.
The fighting by the ground was like back in the 80s.After the game when they started throwing stuff into our end when we nearly got the gates open they legged it.
Petrol station after the game dick behind the counter with a Cardiff shirt giving it large he was crying soon after as the place was looted
off everything in the place.I dont think anyone paid for petrol funniest thing was 2 blues walking out with the till.Sporadic fighting in traffic getting out of the place.
However the funniest thing was a taff in a utd shirt kissing the badge outside before the game when he got flattened the coppers did nothing.
It was like a throwback to the 80s the next one was Millwall away.

Barnsley at home FA Cup.....at the end of the game after all the coin throwing etc..City trying to drag a Barnsley fan over the wall at the Kippax near the exit ..would have ended badly...old bloke walking out next to me..i thought he was going to start moan about youth of today etc..he just shouted ''drag the c*nt over'' Loads of pubs got done in around Hyde, Ashton Rd etc as Barnsley made the way to south Manc..Went off everywhere that day
If that was the first game they put away fans in the north stand? It kicked off when they all piled down the stairs to the bar. They came straight into all the blues already down there. Cops piled up the stairs in the middle section and straight past us and for some reason one of my mates turned round from the counter with his nuclear meat and potato pie and launched it at the inspector hitting him bang on the side of his face. It was game on coppers dragging everyone and pushing everyone, one of my mates rolled down the stairs with two cops all over him. Mad ten minutes and a court case for my pal. Good times. Young and stupid

Last edited:
I remember Brighton away 83 cup game got stuffed 4-0 bloke on the door corner shop 3 at a time please,everyone stormed in helped themselves to everthing ,unbelievable.

I remember Brighton away 83 cup game got stuffed 4-0 bloke on the door corner shop 3 at a time please,everyone stormed in helped themselves to everthing ,unbelievable.
was that the game they made the Brighton skins take off their Docs and stand in socks. I was in the seats for that one, bloody long way back with no M25 in those days. Stopped overnight in Luton.

I remember in 1976 league Cup semi away at Boro being very scary, but what I remember most is stopping at the services ( went on coach) many other coaches there and the carnage inside the place got stripped, was very funny to a 15 year old at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.