How are you getting to the Cup Final ?

Drive to Warwick Parkway, train direct to Wembley. Easy-peasy.

My go to as it's usually the best option. Prefer this route rather than going to Wembley Central.

I might park at Telford this time, into New Street, meet up with a few mates then get on at Moor Street.

Waited about 30 mins for the train at Wembley Stadium.

So easy to drive to and back home with the Warwick option.

We go that often I use the same guy to park on his drive £15. the 3 of us pay for petrol so including parking £25 each happy days. CTID

Only just noticed the website has a potential train depending on numbers direct to Wembley from Piccadilly.

Atlanta - Manchester with Virgin, rental car, Eric Clapton, West Ham at home, Drop rental at Manchester airport, fly to Heathrow, 2 nights Wembley Premier Inn, weeks vacation in Scotland as I have the following weekend free (No CL Final ), then Peter Kay O2, Liam Gallagher in Cardiff, then back to Atlanta…. not a bad little trip

Only just noticed the website has a potential train depending on numbers direct to Wembley from Piccadilly.

Yes to Wembley central, about a 20 minute walk from there. Quite pricey at £130 but rag free and be worth it if a train strike is called. That is I'm presuming whoever operates it won't be on strike.

20/30 years ago I’d have done a Geoff Thomas and walked to Wembley rather than miss out.

These days I honestly think I’d probably not bother if the only option was a coach.

Sounds horrendous.
It is not that bad

Compare to a train

1. Cheaper
2. Guaranteed a seat
3. Music
4. Good company who you know as most come as a group
5. Beer allowed
6. Pub stop
7. Door to door, on a train to Wembley you then have to get a tube
8. Do not get cancelled at the drop of a hat
9. Pit stops at services
10. Potential to win fare back on a name card

But I understand also that a lot of older people cannot cope, it happens.

It is not that bad

Compare to a train

1. Cheaper
2. Guaranteed a seat
3. Music
4. Good company who you know as most come as a group
5. Beer allowed
6. Pub stop
7. Door to door, on a train to Wembley you then have to get a tube
8. Do not get cancelled at the drop of a hat
9. Pit stops at services
10. Potential to win fare back on a name card

But I understand also that a lot of older people cannot cope, it happens.
Excellent points mate. Good post

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.