How bad was Marriner last night

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot"]Thought he failed to calm the players down which eventually lead to the needless bookings and once he booked Fernandinho for his first offence he didn't do himself any favours as he had to book other players for the same thing....

Agree. I can never understand why so many officials back themselves into a corner with bookings so early on in matches. Booking Dzeko was an easy "tit for tat" cop out, when in all honesty a quiet word would have sufficed for both players. It was probably just as well that Taylor got sent off or the booking count would have carried on, that seemed to take the fight out of Newcastle who, up to that point, had been surprisingly aggressive. Personally, when I saw the replay on TV today, I thought the Taylor handball looked nailed on especially when compared to the one given to Spurs on Sunday.

Toure penalty or no penalty, I agree it was bad refereeing. It was either a pen or a yellow for a dive. To not give either is clearly a mistake.

NOT a good performance by Mariner and his team.
The Dzeko incident was a talking to for both despite the fact the Newcastle player kneed him in the back while he was down off the ball, Edin was right to make an issue maybe just not to raise his hands. Either way yellows were harsh and unnecessary.
The Zab incident was never a penalty however in the other incidents even with one look at normal speed I could see Taylor leant into it with his arm and Debuchy went through the back of Yaya to try to get the ball both should have been pens. Surprisingly on reviewing it by re-watching the game today these incidents were hardly reviewed by Sky at all. Missing M'biwa (who was on a yellow) stamp on Navas' foot right underneath his nose was criminal, it was deliberate as well. He definately tried to leave one on him and did so, should have gone for me. Ignored by Mariner! WTF. The only decision of note that liner had to make all night, he got wrong. It was a perfectly good goal Negredo netted, not even close to offside. In other events a great tackle by Edin - given as a foul, likewise Zab yet they kicked us about at times making similar tackles without rebuke. Anyone who thinks you can clothesline someone from behind and not get a red is an ice-hockey player!

We should have won that 7 - 0 and we were good for it! Listening to Pardew after the game he actually thought they were in it at 2-0 and the sending off cost them the game! Its to be hoped goal difference doesn't have a bearing on where we finish to our detriment as it will be partly this particular reffing team who will be responsible.

Onwards and upwards, Vamos Pellegrini

york away to this! said:
How come the OS does not show the disallowed "goals" or the pen shouts in the highlights?...

agenda?

this is super annoying to me. these are important talking points in the game, they should be included.

eshiers1 said:
i think you're being very harsh on the lino there
have you ever tried being one?
it's not an easy thing to do, you make it sound like he's shit at his job

from his angle negredo is the closest player to him with the two newcastle players obscured from his view (much like the kevin nolan disallowed goal at upton park last season). the players moving in opposite directions and coming from a krul save make it especially hard for him to make the decision. yes he got it wrong but not exactly the 'shocker' some on here seem to claim

Yes it was a shocker. It looked wrong from 60 yards away never mind in line.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13cffi_manchester-city-newcastle-negredo-offside_sport" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13cff ... side_sport</a>

Re: Good to see

usbluesfan said:
officiating was subpar. taylor's sending off was questionable to be fair. negredo goal should have stood. very encouraging play from the boys today though, especially fernandinho and navas. CTID!!!

There was nothing questionable about the sending-off, IMHO.

Taylor intentionally thumped Sergio around the side of the head, and as there was intent, he had to go.

I can remember Sun being sent off for just pushing an opponent's shoulders, and what Taylor did last night was much more serious.

As for Marriner, he was dreadful. Anything he could get away with not giving us, he did, but he was very quick to award free-kicks to Newcastle.

4/10. And I'm being generous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.