How can people still be negative about mancini?

BobKowalski said:
BillyShears said:
This thread is a stark reminder of just how shit Bluemoon can be. Such a shame on a day like today when we could nick 3rd place it's the so called "positive" posters so hell bent on starting arguments and scoring points...

Well in fairness there are a hell of a lot of points to score...

Truth is if you plant yourself firmly on one side of the debate you are going to get ripped when facts go against you.

In my time here I have put myself very firmly in the anti-Frank and anti-Hughes camp so I know how it feels. The only difference is that I was right :)

Mancini will win the P title for City. The only question that remains is when.

I said we'd comfortably finish in the top 4. Been saying it all season. And we did.

I said Mancini would do well in the cup competitions and he won one.

So please, enlighten me as to which 'facts' have gone against me.

EDIT:

I also am on record as saying over and over again that Mou would not be coming to City AND that Mancini would keep his job this summer as long as we finished in the top 4...

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:
I didnt reply cos unlike PB I cant see into the future and he obviously can...so i'd lose.
Watch my lips and I'll translate into English. "I'm (i.e. me personally) am not fully convinced (i.e. I've seen lots of good things and lots of not so good things and still don't know how to call it) that Mancini can deliver that vital improvement (i.e. i.e the 10-15 extra points we need next season).

It's called an opinion. Not a prediction.

I thought that Samaras was going to be a great player. I thought that Blackpool were going to get relegated with less than 20 points this season. I definitely can't see into the future.

You cant see into the future but you say we will need 70 points+ next season..

baffled..

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:
3.Start a Mancini thread on Bluemoon and you can bet Billy, Dave and DD will appear like magic..
Which is exactly what the thread starter wants. And we hate to disappoint our eager and loyal fans.

Sorry my bad it should have read..." start a positive mancini thread"..

BillyShears said:
bluemoondays said:
"All he did was what I expected for spending that amount of cash"

That's pretty much the nub of the argument.

Also, worth pointing out that Mancini is currently at loggerheads with Cook and Marwood because he wants another 100 million plus to spend this summer. Talk about a cheque book manager...

I can't fathom the people who seemingly are so soft in the centre that they can't handle having their own perceptions of Mancini challenged. He's done some good things and some bad things as manager - but ultimately he's met the targets that were set him. He's got to be praised for that. But that isn't going to change the perception many of us have that he's massively overrated and as you quote above, has done what was expected after the money spent.

If the expectation is that all those who didn't rate Mancini two weeks ago are going to suddenly flip flop because the arse has fallen out of Spurs and Arsenal's season, and we've won the FA Cup, then that expectation is misguided.

You see I managed to write that entire post without calling anyone a clown, without foaming at the mouth, and most importantly, without trying to make out that I'm a bigger Blue than anyone else...

That he's massively overrated
==============

FFS!!!! Most successful manager since Joe. He is now fireproof, untouchable. Will only leave here when he say's so.... Unless he has a few skeleton's hiding. Time to move on now Billy.....

samharris said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
glen quagmire said:
Billy i was only asking a question, the negativity found it's way to the thread, all by itself. I'd rather eat my own turd, than knowingly give negative cunts a platform..............

you made a thread about Mancini mate, that's like poking a tiger with a stick and wondering why it's ripped your head off 30 seconds later...

There are 3 certainties in life.
1. Death
2.Taxes
3.Start a Mancini thread on Bluemoon and you can bet Billy, Dave and DD will appear like magic..
Aint that the truth.

And I'm thankful for it. (It saves my typing finger)

Isn't this a bit premature?

3rd and the FA Cup is something really fantastic that most blues will probably be thankful for a long time. Next season, though, we're going to have huge pressure with a title challenge expected and a CL run. The pressure for a trophy is a lot less after a 35-year drought than after winning one the prior season.

He has definitely passed the owner's (and my!) expectations for this year. Now he just has to keep it up. Last year Harry and Ancelotti were gods to their supporters, this year they are both mentioned for the sack by those same supporters.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Why is it so wrong to have an opinion that isn't fawning or completely uncritical?

We've won the FA Cup and I was in tears at the final whistle. Not because, as some on here would have it, that I was gutted that he'd won something but because I was pleased.

But if we strip away the emotion we struggled to beat 3 lower league teams and then beat a Premiership team that wasn't remotely interested. The semi was our first real test and we didn't turn up until 25 minutes in and could easily have been a couple down. Then we played well for the rest of the game.

But just 5 days before that game we were completely abject at Anfield. Since then we let Everton off the hook after being in total control.

So that's why some of us still doubt whether he really has the ability to take us all the way to a title and CL.

Saturday was the first time that we completely controlled a game for 90 minutes and if we carry on like that the doubts will disappear.

So while I'm thrilled about an FA Cup and CL qualification, I'm looking at next season, when we won't be able to rely on teams around us self-destructing and will have to raise the bar far more than we have this season. 70 points will not be good enough come May 2012.

I'm still not fully convinced Mancini can deliver that vital improvement but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

I'm still not fully convinced Mancini can deliver that vital improvement
=====

Upon what? I think what he has delivered is a monumental improvement on what was delivered for the 33 previous seasons.

Prestwich_Blue said:
samharris said:
You cant see into the future but you say we will need 70 points+ next season..

baffled..
To win the league or come close we will probably need at least 80 points. Yes or No?

Yes. No. Probably. It could be 85 points it could be 75 points. I can safely say that we will need at least 1 more point or better GD than the team in 2nd place. Thats as far as I am willing to go with the Mystic Meg bit :)

Mancini will win the PL title for City. The only question that remains is when.

Regardless of money spent it takes time for teams to bond. Saturday's team had only Richards, Kompany and de Jong who had been here longer than 2 seasons.

Plenty of managers have thrown money at it in the past. Our own Big Mal. Keegan wherever he's gone. First five years Fergie managed United. Liverpool the last decade and Spurs who have won nowt. Mourinho this year in Madrid and where has that got him. Worse points total than his predecessor.

City next year we will be playing in the top european league for the first time in over 40 years and we have silverware for the first time in living memory. Pretty impressive if you ask me, especially when you consider the entire media wanted him to fail, putting everyone including us fans under enormous pressure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.