How can people still be negative about mancini?

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
BillyShears said:
This thread is a stark reminder of just how shit Bluemoon can be. Such a shame on a day like today when we could nick 3rd place it's the so called "positive" posters so hell bent on starting arguments and scoring points...

Well in fairness there are a hell of a lot of points to score...

Truth is if you plant yourself firmly on one side of the debate you are going to get ripped when facts go against you.

In my time here I have put myself very firmly in the anti-Frank and anti-Hughes camp so I know how it feels. The only difference is that I was right :)

Mancini will win the P title for City. The only question that remains is when.

I said we'd comfortably finish in the top 4. Been saying it all season. And we did.

I said Mancini would do well in the cup competitions and he won one.

So please, enlighten me as to which 'facts' have gone against me.

EDIT:

I also am on record as saying over and over again that Mou would not be coming to City AND that Mancini would keep his job this summer as long as we finished in the top 4...

"I truly believe he's a garbage manager...You're backing a loser, and time will prove me right."

Like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Mancini will win the PL title for City. The only question that remains is when.

levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why is it so wrong to have an opinion that isn't fawning or completely uncritical?

We've won the FA Cup and I was in tears at the final whistle. Not because, as some on here would have it, that I was gutted that he'd won something but because I was pleased.

But if we strip away the emotion we struggled to beat 3 lower league teams and then beat a Premiership team that wasn't remotely interested. The semi was our first real test and we didn't turn up until 25 minutes in and could easily have been a couple down. Then we played well for the rest of the game.

But just 5 days before that game we were completely abject at Anfield. Since then we let Everton off the hook after being in total control.

So that's why some of us still doubt whether he really has the ability to take us all the way to a title and CL.

Saturday was the first time that we completely controlled a game for 90 minutes and if we carry on like that the doubts will disappear.

So while I'm thrilled about an FA Cup and CL qualification, I'm looking at next season, when we won't be able to rely on teams around us self-destructing and will have to raise the bar far more than we have this season. 70 points will not be good enough come May 2012.

I'm still not fully convinced Mancini can deliver that vital improvement but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

I'm still not fully convinced Mancini can deliver that vital improvement
=====

Upon what? I think what he has delivered is a monumental improvement on what was delivered for the 33 previous seasons.

Not bad for someone with a brand new team and only 20 months prem experience..Forza Mancini.

Blue Haze said:
Isn't this a bit premature?

3rd and the FA Cup is something really fantastic that most blues will probably be thankful for a long time. Next season, though, we're going to have huge pressure with a title challenge expected and a CL run.

He has definitely passed the owner's expectations for this year. Now he just has to keep it up. Last year Harry and Ancelotti were gods to their supporters, this year they are both mentioned for the sack by those same supporters.
Exactly. Everyone on here is delighted with the way our season has turned out I'm certain, even if many haven't always been delighted with the way we've got there. But we've only reached the equivalent of base camp on Everest and bigger tests now lie ahead. Even the next two games will be a test of whether we're happy to rest on our laurels for the season or push on.

This is all many of the so-called "Mancini-haters" are saying.

o-k we were all frustrated at some of our displays, we laughed at the pundits who said it is impossible to just buy a team and be successful who said mancini would be gone before last christmas,it would take years for city to win a trophy,top 4 was out of the question for this bunch of mercenarys,well yes he spent money but he has fought hard to control the expected ego's of the new high profile players
finished top 4 won a trophy,as a city supporter for the past 50 years thats good enough for me,he starts next season from a position of strenght will know more about his squad and they will know just how tough he can be

i think bobs a great manager! gave me the greatest day out ive ever had! i will never forget that moment tevez lifted that cup... thanks bob

levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Why is it so wrong to have an opinion that isn't fawning or completely uncritical?

We've won the FA Cup and I was in tears at the final whistle. Not because, as some on here would have it, that I was gutted that he'd won something but because I was pleased.

But if we strip away the emotion we struggled to beat 3 lower league teams and then beat a Premiership team that wasn't remotely interested. The semi was our first real test and we didn't turn up until 25 minutes in and could easily have been a couple down. Then we played well for the rest of the game.

But just 5 days before that game we were completely abject at Anfield. Since then we let Everton off the hook after being in total control.

So that's why some of us still doubt whether he really has the ability to take us all the way to a title and CL.

Saturday was the first time that we completely controlled a game for 90 minutes and if we carry on like that the doubts will disappear.

So while I'm thrilled about an FA Cup and CL qualification, I'm looking at next season, when we won't be able to rely on teams around us self-destructing and will have to raise the bar far more than we have this season. 70 points will not be good enough come May 2012.

I'm still not fully convinced Mancini can deliver that vital improvement but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

=====

Upon what? I think what he has delivered is a monumental improvement on what was delivered for the 33 previous seasons.

I'm getting fed up of wilful misinterpretation of my posts. Argue with me by all means but witless rubbish like this just pisses me off. The inability of some on here to comprehend a simple proposition baffles me. Would it be better if I did it in pictures or 'Janet & John' style?

Of course this season has been our best for many years, since the late 70's in fact (although the KK Champioship season wasn't bad). Do you think I can't see that? God knows I've watched enough shite over the years to realise that.

So let's try this:

Janet: Have your team done well this season John?
John: Yes Janet. We've won the FA Cup and will qualify for the Champions League.
Janet: Is that good?
John: Oh yes. We haven't won anything for a long time.
Janet: I see. Did you come top of the league as well?
John: No we didn't. United did.
Janet: Will you come top of the league next year?
John: I hope so but we need to get more points than we did this year?
Janet: How many points did you get this year?
John: We've got 65 at the moment but could get 6 more if we win the last two games.
Janet: Is that not enough then?
John: No. You need 80 or more to win the league usually.
Janet: So you need to get about 10 more points next year than you got this year?
John: Yes we do.

Does that make it clear what "vital improvement" means?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think, that like George Graham at Spurs, some City fans will never accept Roberto. Although he never managed our 'local' rivals some blues have an instinctive dislike for Mancini which I have never quite understood.

What saddens me about this more than anything is the fact that I get the feeling that many of these individuals are just biding their time waiting for another opportunity for them to be vindicated. I must stress at this stage that many of the anti-Mancini crew have been magnanimous over the last few days so this isn't a universal issue.

I always said that whoever won us that trophy, irrespective of that they did before or after that, would go down in City folklore and would be someone who I would be eternally grateful to. I think the vast majority of City fans would share that view.

I think the only bad thing about the takeover is that it has brought out a sense of ungratefulness and entitlement in a small minority of our supporters, but it is their loss if they can't even enjoy themselves at this wonderful time to be a City fan.

I agree 100% with you're sentiments. Its laugable reading the twisted logic of these people, who must have some serious issue's. The fact that they can't argue with is that the most successful team in England gave their current manager and most succesful in British history, enjoyed financial backing on a par for the time with Bobby and was given took 3 years to win anything, at a time when the dippers of both colour were top dogs. These moron's, because thats what they are, cannot name a serious contender other than Jose, who's CV betters Bobby's. They apply double standards towards Bobby regarding time to blend a team together, because the driving force behind their point of view is one
of epistemological nihilism. I would hazard a guess, that if we win all the majors trophies and sweep all before us Barca style, that they will still complain as they'd probably complain about the price of Rolex after winning £85 millon on the euro millions!

Prestwich_Blue said:
levets said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

=====

I'm getting fed up of wilful misinterpretation of my posts. Argue with me by all means but witless rubbish like this just pisses me off. The inability of some on here to comprehend a simple proposition baffles me. Would it be better if I did it in pictures or 'Janet & John' style?

Of course this season has been our best for many years, since the late 70's in fact (although the KK Champioship season wasn't bad). Do you think I can't see that? God knows I've watched enough shite over the years to realise that.

So let's try this:

Janet: Have your team done well this season John?
John: Yes Janet. We've won the FA Cup and will qualify for the Champions League.
Janet: Is that good?
John: Oh yes. We haven't won anything for a long time.
Janet: I see. Did you come top of the league as well?
John: No we didn't. United did.
Janet: Will you come top of the league next year?
John: I hope so but we need to get more points than we did this year?
Janet: How many points did you get this year?
John: We've got 65 at the moment but could get 6 more if we win the last two games.
Janet: Is that not enough then?
John: No. You need 80 or more to win the league usually.
Janet: So you need to get about 10 more points next year than you got this year?
John: Yes we do.

Does that make it clear what "vital improvement" means?

23hsq5i.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.