How can people still be negative about mancini?

jay_mcfc said:
rastus said:
You should never let facts intefere when a die hard negative type is prooved wrong. We should have won all those if we had a good manager who wasnt hell bent on ruining this wonderful club.

I think the real problems are that those game were 'there to be won'.

lol..true and its a game of 2 halves

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:
I think if you bothered to go back and read this thread so far you'd see quite clearly which side is making the 'little digs' you talk about.

So you are not having little digs at Mancini then.... yeah what ever.

I'm not having sly digs. I'm stating my opinion, which isn't all positive. Hurt your feelings much does it?

Does it hurt your feelings that Mancini has achieved his aims this season ??
i think it does...Im dead happy how things have panned out for us so are my feelings hurt ??..laughing my tits off me.

Draw up a list of all the City managers since the war. It's a long list. The only one who did significantly more than Roberto was Joe Mercer, who was our Bill Shankley/Matt Busby/Bill Nicholson. The last manager to win anything of note (apart from promotions) was Tony Book. Who stopped being manager in 1979. Before many people on here were even born.

Mancini has his faults. To some extent he's still learning the job, because England is very different to Italy, football-wise. But all managers have their faults, and if we're going to discard this one we need to know the next will be substantially better. Personally I think he should have at least another full season.

Marvin said:
How long did it take Ferguson to win the title at United?

Just because we are wealthy doesn't mean we can close the gap on very wealthy rivals straight away. We have tried throwing money at it over the years before eg Swales and Allison and failed. Remember Daley, Reeves and co

Read a post somewhere this morning which said Mancini had won 10 trophies in 9 years at 4 clubs in 2 countries. I haven't checked that out, but it sounds right and is an amazing stat.

He was one of the most succesful managers in the history of Italian football, and Inter had won no domestic trophies for around 15 years before Mancini's first success. He made the modern Inter not Mourinho.

This was ideal preparation for the City job. It must have given him huge self-belief and when everyone is telling you that you are doing it wrong, or your tactics stink, that's what you need. When you look at his CV, he was the ideal and best candidate to break City's 35 year hoodoo.

Some fans want instant success and football played like Barcelona. I suppose we all would like that, but the reality is that that is very very difficult and takes luck, and all types of factors and most of all time.

Mancini has had a phenomenal season and those who aren't big enough to admit they are wrong are as pig-headed as he must be

Amazing! Another post which purports that anyone in disagreement with it is wrong and "pig headed" this time...

Since you're all such experts - why not get Ric to write a COC on opinions. This way we'll all know which manager's we can and can't rate, which players we can and can't rate, what kind of beer we should drink on match days, what colour our underwear should be etc...

Death to free thinkers - that's what I say!

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:

Just because we are wealthy doesn't mean we can close the gap on very wealthy rivals straight away. We have tried throwing money at it over the years before eg Swales and Allison and failed. Remember Daley, Reeves and co

Read a post somewhere this morning which said Mancini had won 10 trophies in 9 years at 4 clubs in 2 countries. I haven't checked that out, but it sounds right and is an amazing stat.

He was one of the most succesful managers in the history of Italian football, and Inter had won no domestic trophies for around 15 years before Mancini's first success. He made the modern Inter not Mourinho.

This was ideal preparation for the City job. It must have given him huge self-belief and when everyone is telling you that you are doing it wrong, or your tactics stink, that's what you need. When you look at his CV, he was the ideal and best candidate to break City's 35 year hoodoo.

Some fans want instant success and football played like Barcelona. I suppose we all would like that, but the reality is that that is very very difficult and takes luck, and all types of factors and most of all time.

Mancini has had a phenomenal season and those who aren't big enough to admit they are wrong are as pig-headed as he must be

Amazing! Another post which purports that anyone in disagreement with it is wrong and "pig headed" this time...

Since you're all such experts - why not get Ric to write a COC on opinions. This way we'll all know which manager's we can and can't rate, which players we can and can't rate, what kind of beer we should drink on match days, what colour our underwear should be etc...

Ironing time.

samharris said:
BillyShears said:
Marvin said:

Ironing time.

Is that in the Bluemoon list of approved activities. Or do you want to get Glen to start a thread to check it's popularity?

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
citysince88 said:
Because they like to feel superior to others, and since they, in all probability backed hughes, when he got the sack it hurt thier pride.
Thats a little unfair I was firmly behind Hughes and felt the club shat on him from a great height that said I was firmly behind Mancini when thread after thread appeared calling for his head. Mancini has proved given time you win things

Maybe your right, But I am just sick to the back teeth of people not giving due credit, I was never really a fan of Hughes admittedly, however I wouldn't have sacked him in the middle of the season.

I would of done it at the end of the season for playing Sylvinho against Aaron Lennon !

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:

Ironing time.

Is that in the Bluemoon list of approved activities. Or do you want to get Glen to start a thread to check it's popularity?

Oi! leave me alone, or i'll 'unfriend' you!

BillyShears said:
samharris said:
BillyShears said:

Ironing time.

just stating how stupid that post was.. and who pray may i ask are free thinkers on here..??

And theres me thinking it was everone.. your post says otherwise.

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:

You haven't been shy in vilifying Mancini at various stages this season so you can't have it both ways

Bottom line is we won the FA Cup, beat Utd at Wembley, did OK in Europe and qualified for the Champions League. The gap between Arsenal and Chelsea (who incidentally spent £70 Million in the January transfer window (and that didn't work)) has gone. Did you expect more? Free-flowing football? It's been good enough

You have an opinion which you are entitled to, but what good is it of having a critical mind if you are unable to adapt to facts and the world around you.

I respect your views totally, and acknowledge I could be wrong, and I change my mind frequently so please feel free to argue why Mancini should have done better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.