How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

everything Brexiteers promised the polar opposite has happened. Remainers warned them of this but Leavers dismissed them because they knew better

He doesn’t want any control of EU food imports because we ‘haven’t needed them for 50 years’.
I wonder if someone could point out to him that there is a fundamental change in our relationship with the EU which was, and still is, championed by such political giants like…….errrr……himself?
And he managed to get in a big ‘fuck that’ to the health of the British people.

I think one of the fundamental errors of those who voted to leave was a failure to appreciate just how intwined we had become with the rest of the EU - and how uncoupling from that without serious planning would be hugely damaging and painful. This interconnection had evolved over half a century. People were utterly reckless as to the effect of divorcing from that in a short space of time.

It’s astonishing how some people, intelligent people, were so casual about something so fundamental to our nation’s existence.
I told one Brexiteer friend how complex it would be to disengage and he said that's why we needed to do it.

It was an unbelievably stupid, arrogant and misguided thing to believe.

I’ve said it before, maybe this self-imposed reduction in our international standing is the lesson in national humility this country needed.
If only you’d listened to us Oirish all those centuries.
We’re not as stupid as we look.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.