How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

That’s all okay with me, though I think the people of Northern Ireland would be foolish not to opt to join with Ireland over England in that situation.
That’s the point of the Freestate.
We’ll take in both. We’re willing to forgive…..
If they’re willing to forget their silly dalliance with the monarchy.
King Chas? Head of the Church of England? That’s fine, he just can’t be anything in the state so.

Complete separation.
It’s what Daniel O’Connell wanted.

That’s O’Connell now, not O’Donnell. Very important if you are looking them up.

King Chas? Head of the Church of England? That’s fine, he just can’t be anything in the state so.

Complete separation.

O’Connell does a nice line in cardi’s if I remember correctly.

Complete separation.

Will look them up, not now though off wine tasting.

Thanks for proving my point Sadds.
Easy mistake to make.
Next time you’re in Dublin, on O’Connell bridge, look up at the statue.
He’s sporting a lovely sweater isn’t he?

Rejoining is inevitable.

Once you accept that it's a matter of how.

Starmer is preparing the ground, he's going to allow EU citizens resident here to vote and he's going to lower the voting age, and on the quiet he'll encourage a fringe Labour rejoin group to steer the narrative, while retaining plausible deniability that it's nowt to do with him.

Simultaneously he'll be exploring closer ties to the EU, which will throw up a number of possible scenarios, an entirely predictable by-product of which will be the bleedin obvious, the simple fact that none of these halfway house options is better than rejoining, so rejoining will surreptitiously re-enter political discourse.

Old folk die off, youngsters join the electorate, Brexit is shown to be the disaster it is to all but the terminally mad. Starmer will let it all simmer, there'll be no top down, he wants pressure to build from below, then bish, bash, bosh! We rejoin, ten years from now at the earliest.
Or the right wing press do their stuff and we end up approximately where we are just now. I see no sign that the large minority that continue to be wooed by the attack dog policies of the right are softening their attitude to anything.

Or the right wing press do their stuff and we end up approximately where we are just now. I see no sign that the large minority that continue to be wooed by the attack dog policies of the right are softening their attitude to anything.

And yet if the polls are to be believed, were there a referendum tomorrow we'd more than likely rejoin.

You have to ignore the noise and feel the shifting sands beneath your feet.

Unless you scrap the UK.
Scotland apply independently, Wales applies independently.
England and Norn Iron join the Freestates; that would be the new entity to get round the GFA for the DUP.
Federal Republic of Eireann and English States.

Of course you’d all have to adopt the euro and the Freestates would be run from Dublin.
There would be a total separation of church and state, so we’d finally be rid of the blight that is the King being head of state and the church. I mean it is 2023.
Don't we have enough gullible idiots voting the same pricks in repeatedly without inviting in more?

Complete separation.

If Daniel O'Donnell's going to be in charge it'll make Mrs Doyle very happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.