How do we resolve the Brexit mess?

I voted out, for several reasons. Sadly none of these have been implemented by this government. I voted out for greater uk independence on tax rates, the ability for the uk to encourage external investment which hasn’t happened and greater internal investment, which also hasn't happened. I wanted reasonable controls on immigration, not no immigration, this hasn't happened, as we only let in people who we wont let work ie illegal immigrants. Lots of labour shortages across all uk industry sectors have contributed to massive increases in wage inflation.

I still believe that we could have left the EU better than we have, but was probably naive in thinking the UK government were capable of negotiating this. I was touch and go in making up my original decision , but now think if given a choice again and with hindsight of how we have left I would vote to stay, as the benefits I thought we would gain in leaving haven't been implemented.

I'm not sure whether how much of this feeling is down to my disenchantment with this government ?
All of your reasons for leaving were available to any U.K. elected government. They have been made harder to implement by leaving the EU.

Fair enough.
Sadds for Prez.
A bilateral federation?
Sadds be ready for an influx of Ulster Scots Presbyterians.
There’s no way they’ll have anything to do with us, bilateral or not.
That will boost the gers at least. Will they be good tax payers? We need all we can with the increase in social support coming down the tubes.

Problem is they weren't being implemented, the second point is debatable imo.
It isn’t, as we became a poor country to invest in, so external investment was always going elsewhere.

Leaving the Dublin Regulation meant unlimited small boats from France.

We always set our own taxes, and unless we withdraw from all aspects of world trade, we will always have to compromise on our tax rates, whether in or out of the EU.

Internal investment will stay low whilst shareholders can cream off the profits.

Problem is they weren't being implemented, the second point is debatable imo.
I’ll be serious again.
Do you believe the problems in Britain were and still are more to do with internal governance then?

Genuine question. To all.

Is it a case that Brexit has exposed the system and how it is abused regardless of how you voted?

It isn’t, as we became a poor country to invest in, so external investment was always going elsewhere.

Leaving the Dublin Regulation meant unlimited small boats from France.

We always set our own taxes, and unless we withdraw from all aspects of world trade, we will always have to compromise on our tax rates, whether in or out of the EU.

Internal investment will stay low whilst shareholders can cream off the profits.
Your last points don't reinforce you initial view tho.

The EU is also experiencing severe migrant issues this year, causing significant disquiet among several nations. Not sure how this is going to be resolved.

I’ll be serious again.
Do you believe the problems in Britain were and still are more to do with internal governance then?

Genuine question. To all.

Is it a case that Brexit has exposed the system and how it is abused regardless of how you voted?
I think this government, since the coalition are appalling. Hard to think of how anybody apart from the super rich and the largest corporations have gained anything from their tenure. I am struggling to think of anything that has been significantly beneficial and positive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.