How do you feel about our success - Old Blues?

Balti said:
Who else has been through what we've been through? Bloody hell we deserve our time in the sun again at long last after all that. We'd still be here anyway if we were shit. But we're not! Happy days. Don't sweat it.

TBF, both Sheffield Clubs have had rocky times and still are to some extent.

OP...

Like everyone says, we aren't buying trophies so enjoy the ride.

I'm 44 now and i've seen some shite and some really good teams. If any fans of any team deserve a bit of success it's Manchester City's. We've done our time now sit back and enjoy the ride.

I first went in '67 as a 6 year old, don't really remember much of those early years. Regularly went to 30 - 40 games a year from 1975 - 2002 so saw many downs, false dawns and a few ups. Many many great weekends away (only spoilt by the game)

When my lad was a baby my wife was convinced his first words would be Come on City, yet it was me who cried like a baby at Wembley , as he looked on embarassed, cos I never thought he'd see us win anything. As a previous poster has said I'll die happy when we win the league.

Anyone who asks me about the obscene money we are spending now , in all honesty I tell them I 'M LOVING IT !Out here we can watch every game and i have loved every minute of this season. It's now a 9000 mile return journey for games -our bags are packed for two games in March and a certain game in April.

Tbilisi said:
Having a bit of a crisis on top of my mid life one.

Although I obviously want City to win the league its more for my kids sake.To be honest I am struggling with the fact that we, like everyone I have ever despised in football(SKY 4 inc Rags)are in effect buying the title.Its not how I imagined it to happen and I am struggling to come to terms with it.

I know non of it makes sense,I have seen us lose at Halifax etc and had to deal with Pinks who have never been near the swamp over the years but I was proud of the fact I was a proper football supporter.

I wonder if Im on my own with other Older Blues on here in thinking this way or do I just need some help?

I have to admit it was great working it up the reds in October but I got much more pleasure out of it in 2003 and 1989.

I have not read the whole thread but every successful club has spent on their way up. the days of good managers brining success from lower league and home grown players ended with Cloughie.

The ONLY thing I don't like now is the pressure.

Alot of posts here by many blues way older than myself, many have been watching games longer than I've been on this planet.

I'm 26, so a large chunk of my footballing life has been since Sky and All I've ever known is to see clubs buying players, investors looking to buy success, then reap in the profit from increase in tv revenue etc....

Many clubs fail, whatever the reason we are lucky to have an investor that knows his shit, and has the wealth to back it up.

I don't feel dirty for this, the media have a big influence however.

I remember the same newspapers/tv having orgasms over the likes of Blackburn signing Alan Shearer or The Rags signing Rooney, we sign Aguero and it's all sour faces "dirty money" remarks.... Fuck them, jealousy is rife.

I would prefer a system where no transfer fee's are involved, salary capping etc, this is a fairer system for sport but with the money men controlling the game... This is unlikely.

LittleStan said:
Tbilisi said:
Having a bit of a crisis on top of my mid life one.

Although I obviously want City to win the league its more for my kids sake.To be honest I am struggling with the fact that we, like everyone I have ever despised in football(SKY 4 inc Rags)are in effect buying the title.Its not how I imagined it to happen and I am struggling to come to terms with it.

I know non of it makes sense,I have seen us lose at Halifax etc and had to deal with Pinks who have never been near the swamp over the years but I was proud of the fact I was a proper football supporter.

I wonder if Im on my own with other Older Blues on here in thinking this way or do I just need some help?

I have to admit it was great working it up the reds in October but I got much more pleasure out of it in 2003 and 1989.

I have not read the whole thread but every successful club has spent on their way up. the days of good managers brining success from lower league and home grown players ended with Cloughie.

The ONLY thing I don't like now is the pressure.

To be fair, Cloughie - as great a manager as he was - spent what was deemed at the time as a fair few quid at Derby and Forest.

I've long since stopped worrying what the bitter and twisted fans of other clubs think of what's going on at City but if people spend most of their time on the likes of RAWK, Red Cafe, and Glory Glory and give the mouthbreathers rather than the decent posters on those sites any time then they're bound to let it get to them.

Personally, when anyone reckons we're ruining football I think "Good!"

Wreckless Alec said:
I'm 52 now and enjoying every minute of this. We have earned what we are getting now, it isn't luck. When we went down to the 3rd division on the brink of oblivion, it was the fans that carried us through. 33,000 turned up for our first game in that division and it was on the news that night and I was proud of how loyal our fans were.

I believed then, and I believe now, that no other club could have plummeted as we did and retained such a following. We carried them back up at Wembley and we carried them back up again at Blackburn.

It was because of that support we got the stadium and it was because of that support and that stadium we got the investment. Other fans could have done that but they didn't. We deserve it so I've not going to waste time feeling anything other than pride.

I reckon I've got about 25 years left supporting City. I want us to win trophies in every one of those years. Let it be a lesson to other clubs and to their fans.

We were there when we were shit !

Wreckless,you should be my therapist - great words.

We haven't really won much so far have we?..Just the FA cup (Just!?..Hark me!)....
Let's see how we go in over the next 10 years.
I'm just going to enjoy the ride.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.