How Do You Solve A Problem Like Mancini?

lionheart

Easy, just tell him to give the boys more shooting practice, preferably involving moving obstacles. If we could shoot on sight (like Bale and RVP), the chances are that more goals will be scored. In their defence, at least Yaya and Milner did try occasionally. Practice makes perfect.

Think he may need to see that what works in England is the united way. Even with a fairly average side they score loads due to the winger system they always play.

That does not mean we have to give up our more sophisticated approach. On the other hand Manicini would say and probably I would agree that had Maicon or Micah or Kolorov or Clichy been fit yesterday we would have won.

But hypothetically playing two midfileders permanently wide would allow more space for Silva and Nasri to operate in.

The question is which two players are best suited for this role?

Milner and Sinclair? With one striker presumambly Kun that leaves Barry, Yaya and Silva in the middle.

I think that the training ground mantra has been pass the ball into the net. The notion of having a go and potentially losing possession has been frowned upon by Mancini. Yer get down to ground level and a full size 24ft by 8ft goal is fuckin' enormous. One bloody good whack and the ball could go anywhere. And that is the problem - it's been going anywhere but in. All season we have been having chances and after they have gone wide, over, been saved, blocked, I've said that FatScouseGit, Dick v Miffy, Drog, Torres, my BigFatGreekWife woulda scored that! (I haven't got a BFGW by the way!)

If he'd have signed some quality in the Summer we might not be having this discussion. Luckily January's almost here and Bobby can put right a few wrongs...... hopefully! The fact is, if he doesn't, his P45'll be awaiting.

robbieh said:
Think he may need to see that what works in England is the united way. Even with a fairly average side they score loads due to the winger system they always play.

That does not mean we have to give up our more sophisticated approach. On the other hand Manicini would say and probably I would agree that had Maicon or Micah or Kolorov or Clichy been fit yesterday we would have won.
But hypothetically playing two midfileders permanently wide would allow more space for Silva and Nasri to operate in.

Milner and Sinclair? With one striker presumambly Kun that leaves Barry, Yaya and Silva in the middle.

Whe you rely on the fullbacks for your width which is what we do - then when they are all injured it is time to bring in the natural winger you signed otherwise you have very limited attacking options and chance your arm.

Whoops that what he did and it didn't pay off. I'm not sure why sinclair never plays maybe mancini didn't want him but every team has some sort of width to their game - His stubbornness is costing us

onceabluealways said:
robbieh said:

Whe you rely on the fullbacks for your width which is what we do - then when they are all injured it is time to bring in the natural winger you signed otherwise you have very limited attacking options and chance your arm.

Whoops that what he did and it didn't pay off. I'm not sure why sinclair never plays maybe mancini didn't want him but every team has some sort of width to their game - His stubbornness is costing us

I'm yet to see Sinclair make a single positive contribution on the pitch. I guess that's why he's not on it very often.

Replace the new coach - No tempo to our play since he joined in the summer taking way to many passes whenever we get near the opposition penalty area. Try wingers to stretch poorer teams like Reading, Sunderland etc use Dzeko's height in the penalty area. Bin the tippy tappy football we aren't Barcelona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.