How far will the fall be before evasive action is taken?

No but I do recall after the first time we played Everton under Pellegrini one of their players commenting on something we had specifically done to nullify one of their threats; don't recall what it was.
I think it was Martinez who said something to the effect of us getting more bodies into the middle to deny them space.

No but I do recall after the first time we played Everton under Pellegrini one of their players commenting on something we had specifically done to nullify one of their threats; don't recall what it was.

Fair enough. I genuinely can't remember much talk about Pellegrini making specific plans for particular opposition & would really like to know what his plan(s) have been. I can sometimes see a bit of a plan in what we do, particularly Seville away but I usually struggle to see what we are doing to lessen the effectiveness of the oppo, so much so that I find it impossible to evaluate it & pick out which bits if any were a good idea.

There's a comment in Pep Confidential, which I'm now half way through and which you both may have read, about City training side by side with Bayern in preseason. City were practicing corners IIRC and the comment was about Pellegrini correcting his players in what sounded like a similar way to Pep on the adjacent pitch.

Of course, we expect to see lots of differences next season that come from better work by Pep on the training pitch; however, we know just from our offside trap that Pellegrini does drill is players.
good point about the offside. We work that brilliantly - touch wood. Not like Utd at Chelsea.

Fair enough. I genuinely can't remember much talk about Pellegrini making specific plans for particular opposition & would really like to know what his plan(s) have been. I can sometimes see a bit of a plan in what we do, particularly Seville away but I usually struggle to see what we are doing to lessen the effectiveness of the oppo, so much so that I find it impossible to evaluate it & pick out which bits if any were a good idea.

We know his main focus is on his own team so, in most cases, things he does in respect of the opposition will be tweaks and may - and I mean may - often be fairly subtle technical things. I'm pretyy sure when we played Everton at the Etihad this season they had worked on not allowing crosses into our box.

We know his main focus is on his own team so, in most cases, things he does in respect of the opposition will be tweaks and may - and I mean may - often be fairly subtle technical things. I'm pretyy sure when we played Everton at the Etihad this season they had worked on not allowing crosses into our box.

Maybe.

But assuming that is true it makes our setup v Liverpool & Leicester for example, even more baffling.

I don't know why people are dreading the FA cup game against chelsea, thats the one game i'm looking forward to this month. A chance to give the youngsters a chance against chelsea's first team away, i'm interested to see how they do. Liverpool's youth aquitted themselves well against west ham's first team, probably should have won.

Hopefully get to see the likes of Barker, Celina, either of the garcias, angelino, humphreys, Adarabioyo, iheanacho.

I usually struggle to see what we are doing to lessen the effectiveness of the oppo, so much so that I find it impossible to evaluate it & pick out which bits if any were a good idea.

You should talk to Dax, he will be more than happy to point out what the manager does to lessen the effectiveness of the opposition and he will elvaluate them for you and pick out the bits that were a good idea (all of them).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.