How good can Iheanacho get?

He must have a better minutes per goal ratio than Aguero? If not, it's very close. That says it all really. 19 years of age and needs less time to get a goal than the greatest striker we've ever had (admittedly over a smaller number of games!)

He's a fabulous talent. It's a matter of when, not if, he becomes part of our regular starting XI.

The guy is the real deal. I think the issue isn't when or if, but rather how, he becomes part of our starting eleven. Yaya saw the end of his City career today.

I'm interested to find out if his energy levels and lightning quick poacher goals are because he's currently so eager to impress. Play him enough to keep him hungry for the time being, and maybe these attributes become part of his game permanently. A prolonged spell could bring him on in leaps and bounds - a poor spell could dent his confidence. There's a balance, and you should have faith in your guys finding it, rather than moaning if he doesn't start. Not that anyone moans on here.

I don't really want to put expectations on how good he can be, just enjoy he ride.

But his all round game is simply incredible. Physically he's strong, fast and 6ft.

He played a lot of his youth football as a 10 so his passing and vision is incredible - the ball when he put Navas through on goal today was great.

And most importantly he has the incredibly cool head and fast reactions.

His goal today, and the Crystal Palace goal - he had no right to score those! There were defenders and the goalkeeper closer to the ball but he's so fast and anticipates it, and picks up the goal.

And he's only 19. Absolutely incredible really.

Incredible

His first goal shown immaculate poachers instinct. Further from the ball which was loose than two Villa defenders he reacted like a terrier snatching a pork chop. His penalty was consummately put away with supreme nonchalance and his third, did everyone else notice the last ten yards of his run he didn't even look at the ball, he was evaluating where he was going to put it in the net. We have some player here blues and at his age it belies belief how much composure, wisdom and confidence he displays.

Put it this way he's years ahead compared to the lads his age at city at the moment. He's the only youngster I expect to make a name for himself and the way he is progressing is what the other young lads should be aiming for at his age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.